THIRTY-NINE

THIRTY-NINE:
THE FAVORITE

Growing up in a house where everything you did was put under a microscope, recorded, and jotted down in some notebook, the Hargreeves rarely had privacy

They still had none when they left the academy, their heroic acts when they were children and their extraordinary powers made them hard to forget.

When they were close to being forgotten —everyone besides Allison— Reginald Hargreeves died and then all of a sudden the spotlights were back on them. And after that with Five's return, they were running around trying to stop the end of the world without having much information and even less time.

When Alex and Klaus went to Vietnam they even had less time together, they were always surrounded by people —soldiers, and they were in the middle of a battlefield.

When they came back, they had new problems added to the old ones, PTSD was not fun to deal with. They still made time for each other, after all these were their last days on earth. And then Alex was presumed dead when their house was destroyed.

When they were transported back to the '60s, they were separated and alone. It was a blessing to find each other again.

So it wasn't surprising that the most privacy they've ever had —counting their wedding— in a long while, was when they were standing next to each other in Klaus' enormous garden, hand in hand, and hearts bared to each other.

Yes, Alex felt safe to say he loved that moment very much.

"Umm.."

Until it was ruined. Like all good things do.

Klaus closed his eyes and sighed, before turning and looking at a nervous Keechie, "Yes?"

Keechie looked between them before extending a hand and offering two envelopes, "This came for you, Prophet and Faithful."

Alex took one of the envelopes and gave the other to Klaus before opening his, "Did he just called me faithful? Like Mothers Of The Faithful?"

Klaus gave him a look before opening his letter, the envelope discarded on the floor, "What's that?"

"The wives of prophets were called either that or Mothers Of The Believers, it's from Quran I think."

"How do you know?"

"Wikipedia," Alex answered absentmindedly as he read his letter.

Klaus groaned, "I hate family dinners."

And then Alex and Klaus found themselves in an elevator with the rest of their siblings, all having arrived at the same time like they had psychic abilities or something.

It was an awkward ride, and even worse when Luther decided to let some of that gas out.

"Alright," Five said as they walked in Tiki Lounge, "when dad gets here I'll do the talking, okay?"