TWENTY-NINE

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE:
THE FUCKING 60'S

It was a busy day in the office, They were on a firm schedule and they were still working on the finishing touches of The Project

It was a busy day in the office, They were on a firm schedule and they were still working on the finishing touches of The Project. The halls were crowded with men and women, black and white, hurrying around to get their job done. Phones ringing and papers being passed around and occasionally someone shouting another's name. It really was a busy day at work.

Amanda Baker, a young petit white girl with blonde hair and brown eyes, danced around the many people in the building to get to her destination. Squeezing between her co-workers and pushing them when they wouldn't move. Not to be rude, of course, but because they were so invested in their own work they didn't even know she was there.

When she finally got to the less crowded halls, she quickened her pace and walked into her boss' office.

"Sir, we have an emergency in room 4," she blurted even before he could look up.

Her boss looked up from the papers in front of him and stood up, "Let's go then."

They both exited the office and went back to the way Amanda came from. The halls were now more endurable with her boss walking along with her, people making way for them, and sometimes calling out for them to stop and answer a question about their project.

They soon found themselves in room 4, where everyone was pacing around like headless chickens and the tension in the room was so heavy that it could be cut with a knife. Even a dull one.

"Sir!" Amanda's superior, Katherine, shouted when she spotted the man standing next to her, "We need your aid with this." She then pointed at the thing in front of her, where their most valued possession was held.

He looked at the thing with concentration, humming, and poked their Project. He then stepped back and looked at the stuff around him before he grinned, "Add some pink to the edges of the dress and cover the top of it with even more diamonds. Make everything pink, and then match the diamond necklace -the one with the big ruby- with it."

All the twenty heads in the room snapped to the dress on the mannequin and after a few seconds, they all brightened up and hurried around to find the stuff they needed.

Katherine smiled, "Thank you, sir."

Alex Hargreeves grinned, "My pleasure, pumpkin"

And then he walked out to attend to their other problems.

Who knew being a fashion designer would have this much work.

*・゜゚・*:....:*'(*゚▽゚*)'*:.. ..:*・゜゚・*