Chapter 17: Training

I woke up at about 8 AM and looked around. Jamison had left. A note sat on the coffee table in front of the couch. I read the messy writing. It said, 'Sorry. Had to leave for training. I'll be back.'
I looked around my room, much less tired than before, noticing the small amount of light coming in through my window. I tried my best to stand up. Shakily making my way to my feet I stood in front of the couch. Once I felt stable enough, I tried to take a step. Then another. Then I made it over to the window. I looked out and saw a lively scene of plants and insects.

2 months passed before I was cleared to begin training. Almost everyday Jamison would sit with me to  help me fall asleep as I leaned up against him. And almost every morning he would be gone. Except on weekends. I didn't see my boyfriend at any point over those 2 months. He found out what happened. Maybe he felt bad. Maybe, as Jamison suggests, he was afraid to return. But maybe...he was still angry. Over that time mine and Jamison's friendship bloomed. He was always there for me and it seemed like he really cared. Every weekend he would help me out of my room to socialize with everyone for a bit until either Mercy came over and told me to get some rest or I started feeling worse or overwhelmed.
I came to really enjoy the rats company.

The day after I was cleared, I woke up bright and early, ready to start the day. I put on my training uniform and headed to breakfast. I saw Tracer, Junkrat, Roadhog, and D.va sitting at a table together. I grabbed some food and joined them. "Hi guys!" I greeted them smiling wide. "Hey! Excited for your training?" Lena asked. I nodded.

That day I tried out many weapons.
Now, of course I wasn't a tank, but I did definitely consider support. In the end I decided against it. Grabbing a small, manageable looking gun, I headed out to the training field. I spotted soldier 76 standing out on the field and he waved me over.

After practicing with my gun for a few hours Soldier told me that was it for today.

I headed inside and back to my room.

I sat in silence, unsure of what to do. I looked down at my hand...at a familiar scar. That's from when he threw a lamp at me. I smiled softly. Nobody here has thrown a lamp yet. I must be doing something right.