Chapter 2: The Angel

I woke up in a room painted a painfully bright white, with the angel lady standing above me. "Good, you're awake!" she greeted "I am Mercy of overwatch. You did a truly noble thing. That kid most likely would've passed if you hadn't stepped in. On behalf of everyone, thank you." I looked at her. I forgot about the kid. I forgot why I was here. The complete numbness in my back wasn't exactly the best reminder. "Is he okay?" I asked "He's fine. We found his parents and they are very grateful." Mercy replied. "I'm glad." I said. I looked up at her and smiled, mindlessly tapping my arm. Tap...tap tap...tap...tap tap... "THERE YOU ARE!" I heard a voice that easily struck fear in my heart yell from the hallway. I immediately turned my head to the doorway, looking down at the floor once my suspicions were confirmed. "Who is this?" The angel inquired looking at me, "Jason. Her boyfriend." My boyfriend introduced himself, sticking his hand out in front of him. Mercy grabbed his hand and shook it before saying "Well, let's continue our discussion." she said, pulling up a chair for him. He sat and she continued. "Your girlfriend, she did a great thing, you should be proud." He shifted in his chair, anger painted on his face. "What she DID was a STUPID thing. That kids gonna die someday anyways! Why not just let it happen sooner than later as it was OBVIOUSLY intended to!" He snapped glaring at me. I wanted to correct him but I know better. I gripped my arm, covering my bruise with my palm, index tapping on my arm. Tap tap...tap...tap tap...tap...
Mercy was the first to break the silence, obviously shocked. "Well, here at overwatch, THAT type of thing is what we strive for. She seemingly had no reason for that act of bravery-" he interrupted "Bravery my a-" "Jason" I whispered, prompting a glare to my face as I tried to hide in my hair. "You see, Miss...?" "Y/N." I answered sheepishly. "Miss Y/N, We would like to invite you to join overwatch. Once you're healed of course." I wanted to. I really wanted to. It's such a tempting offer, but...he... "No. You're obviously stupid, praising MY girlfriend for something she shouldn't have done." I didn't want to intervene but I wanted to at the same time. I looked up at mercy, opening my mouth to speak, then closing it shortly thereafter, no longer wanting to speak after seeing the anger lingering on my boyfriend's face. "How about this, consider our offer, while you're healing and you stay here so that if you accept, you're already settled in so we can get right into training." I nod. Gaining a look of annoyance turned towards me by my boyfriend. I shivered. I know that glare. It's never good. "That's great! I'll get Tracer to show you where you'll be staying for these 2 weeks." Mercy smiled.