Chapter 5: The Mission

Junkrat Pov

It was Thursday morning of her first week that I woke up to Soldier at my door with news. I'd be gone on a mission the entire weekend. Friday through Sunday. "Is there any chance you could send someone else in my place?" I asked "You could send Roadie with a grenade launcher, they won't know the bloody difference!" Soldier sighed "Fawkes, I'm not in the mood to argue with you. You're going." He replied sternly, turning and walking away. This is what I was dreading. Weekends are visitation days, meaning, he'd probably be here while I'm gone. But I can't just let her down! What if he really hurts her?! I can't stand the thought of that happening.

"Please, hog! Just for the weekend! I'll give you half my pay for the mission, please!" "No means no, Jamison." Hog growled from behind his mask "You being gone means I get to work on my project! I'm not giving that time up just to protect some Sheila!" "Roadie, Please!" I begged, feeling defeated "Junkrat, I don't care about her!" He put a hand on my shoulder "And you shouldn't either. She can't survive on her own, she shouldn't. Simple. Survival of the fittest." "WERE NOT IN JUNKERTOWN ANYMORE, ROADIE! THEY DON'T RUN BY THE RULES OF SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST HERE" yelled at him "Here, its survival of the bravest. And I can tell Y/N is pretty damn brave." I could hear a muffled laugh come from my partner in crime before he replied "There's no way there's any bravery in that puny ball of nerves." He turned and started to walk away towards the door. When he was about halfway there I called out to him. "Mako, your sister." I said. He stopped dead in his tracks. "The f—– did you just say?" He asked. I could hear the slight worry in his gravelly voice. "You heard me." He slowly turned to me. "You sure?" He asked "Fair Dinkum." I said solemnly.
"Fine." He began walking out again. "And rat?" He called before opening the door "Keep your money."