Chapter 24: Savior

JUNKRATS POV

Hog continued consoling me for a few more hours. By the time he left, though, I had everything planned out.
I packed a bag, stuffed it completely with explosives, and hoped I didn't trip at any point on the way there. Sure, my inventions are mostly stable, but they're still gunpowder fueled balls of sharp metal.
I got to my bedroom door to find...roadie...blocking my path. I knew exactly what he was gonna say. 'Rat, I'm not gonna let you leave just to get yourself killed'
"Be careful, kid. Take a tracker."
"What?"
"Be careful."
"You're not gonna try to stop me?"
"Have I ever actually been able to stop you before?"
"No"
"And you're more dedicated to them than any little charade I've tried to stop before"
"Yeah"
"So I've got no chance."
"So you're coming with me?"
"Hell no. I'm staying here. Someone's gotta cover for your ass."
"Thank you" I pulled him close. He patted my back.
"Go save her."
I ran off, enthusiastically hobbling down the hall to break into the mission room. Prying the door open was easy. Disarming the lock, not so much.
Inside sat rows of dark monitors, then one large screen which showed a map and one little pinging orb away from all the rest. Baptiste.

Bingo.

I took a picture of the screen, then grabbed my own tag, before running outside and off to find my love.

Y/NS POV

In what i could only assume to be the early hours of the morning, I started hearing some kind of a commotion behind the door.
Faint bangs and crashes filled my ears.
I could hear a periodic slamming get closer and closer.

Then the door flung open.

"Jamison?" I called
"oh Darl I thought I lost you forever" "you've gotta get out of here!"
"Oh come on, these dumbarses can't catch me" immediately after he spoke, almost as if he had jinxed himself, guards tackled him, pinning him to the ground. His prosthetic arm was being pulled behind him in a way that definitely could not have been comfortable, especially knowing how that arm attaches. He tried to hide it but I heard a whine escape his mouth.
"YOU'RE HURTING HIM! I..."I paused, trying to think of something, anything to say. "I'LL JOIN YOU GUYS IF YOU DON'T HURT HIM" they adjusted their grip on his arm to something that I could tell hurt him far less.
"Y/N don't make promises!" He shouted as they began to handcuff his wrists.
"I had to...why did you do this?"
"I promised not to let anything happen to you" as he spoke, guards began pulling him up
"But why?!" I asked
"Because I love you, Y/N. I can't afford to lose you." He began to struggle against the guards pulling him out of the room.
The door slammed shut behind them.
As I was left alone, in the dark, I began to think about what Jamie had said.
He loves me?
Love has never felt like this before.
He's been nothing but gentle...
Does he really love me?
Or is he afraid to break me?
I must just be something fragile to him
Is love supposed to be fragile?
I don't know what to think.
Jason said he loved me...
Can both be love?
I mean, he came back for me, too.