Chapter 7: Thin walls

Roadhog POV

I woke up Saturday morning at 8 AM,putting my hair up and taking note of the time. I have an hour before breakfast ends and visitors are let in. Nice. I got dressed in my usual attire, slipping on my mask before leaving. Yeah, I'll be eating, but it's slightly more intimidating than my face...I think. I mean, I'm definitely not the best looking...heavy scarring on my face, a bit of white hair on my chin which I'm too lazy to shave until it starts showing past the mask, and...not an underbite, per se, but my bottom canines can stick out of my mouth slightly when it's closed. The mask and it's soulless stare seems to frighten people easier, though, so I assume that's the more intimidating of the two.

I walk to the cafeteria, thoughts racing. Two people also walking there caught my eye. Y/N and Lena.

"Morning, Hog!" Lena greeted
"Good Morning" I replied, trying not to look at Y/N

I sat at the same table as them, eating and listening to them chat. Some people joined them at their table. Namely, D.Va, Genji, and Lucio.
I guess somehow an hour passed because her boyfriend walked in.

It took everything I had not to hurt this boy. Every ounce of my strength not to throw him out. I wanted so badly to snap him in half like a twig. People like him don't deserve to live. I know all I need to know about the guy. I felt the anger rushing through me as I slipped my mask on. I wanted to kill him.
I wanted revenge.
For her.
I began thinking back to her.
My sister.
She was beautiful.
The sweetest thing you'll find.
But he had to take her.
Swoop her off her feet.
Break her down until it was too late.
Too late for her.
Too late to heal.
She broke.
He broke her.
I didn't even get to see her in her last days.
Not even she knew they were her last.
I-
I didn't even know it was happening until it was too late.
Until she was gone.
Forever.
It had been years since I'd seen her.
In all the messages she seemed to be doing fine.
I never saw marks on her.
I guess she was just good at hiding things.
She almost got her revenge.
He was found guilty.
That was before society collapsed.
Before the explosion.
Before the radiation.
...before this mask...
He escaped prison.
Ran away.
Into the outback.
He's probably dead, too.
But he didn't learn.
3 days in prison does nothing to teach a guy like him.
He killed my sister.
And he didn't have to pay.

I clenched my teeth and repressed these thoughts, just watching them.
Observing.
He looked at Y/N, then at the rest of the table. More specifically Me, Lucio, and Genji.
He sped up, grabbed her tightly around her frail wrist, and pulled her out of the room. I followed a bit behind them. I had to. He pulled her into her room. I walked into Jamison's next door. Now I understand the room change. These walls are a lot thinner than I thought.