Chapter 4: The Junkers

I laid in the plain bed, curling up under the covers, just glad he left without doing anything further. My fingers repeatedly traced over the I laid in the plain bed, curling up under the covers, just glad he left without doing anything further. My fingers repeatedly traced over the spot on my arm from the last time he did. My hands went to my torso to find the cut from the previous day to check on it, but it was gone completely. As if he hadn't embedded his nail in the skin near my ribs. I remembered the glass, realizing there WAS a bandage around my torso, but it didn't seem too bad. I can't properly feel my back anymore, but I just had a feeling that somehow it wasn't too bad.

You were broken from your thoughts by a knock at the door. You got up and fixed your hair before opening the door. It was Tracer. "You alright, Love?" I nodded shakily. "Look, I know it's not my business but...he doesn't seem good for you." "Thank you for being worried but it's fine." I said sheepishly. I mean, I do what he gets mad at me for. He can't help but get angry so I can't blame him for it. She nodded and walked away. I started closing my door but suddenly there was a blue flash in front of my and tracers foot was stuck between the door and its frame. "Oh yeah, Dinner is in five minutes."

I decided to go with tracer to dinner because who else could I go with? For a minute I noticed the junkers watching me. Staring. Then they came over to us and sat at the mostly empty table. "This spot free, Shiela?" The Slim one asked me, "I-Uh I think so? Also, My name's-uh- my name's not Sheila. It's uh-Y/N." I stuttered, startled. I didn't expect anyone to talk to me, let alone WANT to talk to me after earlier. ESPECIALLY these two. The man giggled a high pitched giggle that sounded so carefree. "It's a figure of speech, Darl." He chuckled "and so is Darl." he said that last part pointing at me. I nodded as a response. "So, Y/N, nice name." He grinned. "I heard, ya asked about us?" I tried to hide my face once again, embarrassed."Yes she did!" Tracer interrupts "I was pointing people out and telling her who they are and I didn't notice you in the corner so I didn't include you in the intros." She nudged my arm "Luckily Y/N reminded me!" I was still trying to hide my face. The masked man just seemed to stare. Just watching from the sidelines. There was total silence for a few seconds as everyone just ate. "So, girly, could I talk to ya for a minute?" The slim Junker asked me, startling me. I didn't know what to say. I don't think he would be okay with it if he was here. I guess I was visibly uncomfortable by that question, because Lena said "Whatever you want to say to her, you can say in front of me, Rat." "Well I'd really rather not," He shot back. Lena rolled her eyes.  "Fine but I'll be within yelling distance."
I cautiously followed the tall man, weary of every step. Watching his every movement. His every motion. My instincts told me I should be afraid for my safety, but something else in me told me I was safe with him. I still didn't trust him completely.
"I'm sorry 'bout that, Girly." He said, stopping. He turned to me and saw my shaking which is almost a constant occurrence. "Woah,Sheila, ya cold or somethin'?" He remarked "N-no, I-I'm fine." I replied "huh...anyways..." he said, his gaze shifting to my face. "Yer boyfriends quite...opinionated, huh?" He chuckled "Yeah..." I mumbled a reply. "Look," he looked directly into my eyes making full eye contact, and put his hands on my shoulders. "Let me know if you need help with him. I'll almost always be here, ok?" I nodded and he sent me back to the Cafeteria with Tracer.