Chapter 23: Guilt

Morrison POV
I couldn't exactly hear my thoughts during the flight home, and surprisingly it was not because of the literal jet engines. He did not stop crying. When we landed, I got off, followed by Hanzo, Symmetra, and Tracer. I didn't realize Junkrat hadn't left the ship until Roadhog...how do I put this nicely?
I don't.
He cornered and threatened me.
"Where are they?!" He demanded
"Who?"
"Rat and Y/N"
"Did rat not come off the ship with us?" I turned and headed back to the loading bay
"No...wait why are you avoiding Y/N"
I stopped myself before I said something insensitive. Tone has never been my strong suit. Climbing back aboard the ship in total silence with roadie right behind me, I instantly saw him, crying on the floor beneath his seat. It looked like he had tried to leave but collapsed into tears before he could take a step.
I instantly felt guilty.
I can't believe I didn't notice.
None of us noticed, apparently.

Roadhogs voice softened as he approached "Jamie?"
"H-hog...?"
"Yeah, it's me, kid." He knelt down beside his partner in crime and opened his arms. "Cmere"
Junkrat threw himself into roadhogs arms, sobbing against his chest. His whole body shook in hogs embrace. After a few minutes he seemed to start calming down, so Roadhog asked "where's Y/N?"
"She's gone..." he sobbed
"She's not dead" I interrupted "...just captured"
"AND YOU JUST FVCKING LEFT HER?!"
"We had to follow protocol so nobody else got hurt"
"You call THIS nobody getting hurt?!"
"I..." I wasn't sure what to say...really there was nothing to say...I was trying to protect them...there was no way to get everyone home safe once they went off the grid.
He got up, towering over me holding Junkrat in his arms like a child. He walked out with the rat.

I sighed and rubbed my temples
I can't help but feel like I've fvcked up, but I couldn't risk my whole team.