Chapter 1: The Accident

I was enjoying a peaceful day out with my boyfriend. My finger traced along the edge of the bruise on my arm. Suddenly, an explosion. Nearby. I didn't have much time to react. I turned around, looking straight into the explosion. It was huge. It shook the ground. It shattered a window on the 2nd floor of a building and people were running away. But...there was someone standing there. A kid. A kid was standing under the shattering window. Time seemed to move in slow motion as I noticed a giant piece of glass headed straight for him. I leapt over the bench my boyfriend and I were now standing in front of, hurrying to the child, shielding him with my body, just barely making it in time. The piece of glass was so heavy. It definitely would've crushed him as well as cut him. Once glass stopped falling, people rushed over to us. "Does anyone know this kid?" I called out at the crowd with the loudest voice I had. Nobody answered. They all just stared. I was unsure of what exactly they were watching. I could see blood sporadically decorating the glass covered ground surrounding me, but as far as I was aware I was fine. I couldn't feel anything wrong. And it didn't look like the kid was cut either. I looked up and around, seeing slightly past the crowd, a blue flash of light catching my eye. It was a person. She seemed to spot the crowd as she made her way over to us. "MERCY! WE NEED SOME HELP OVER HERE!" She shouted as she made eye contact with me. An angel-like woman entered my sight suddenly and made her way over. "Oh my," she said, seemingly shocked, staring at me. "What? What's wrong?" I said, terrified, trying to follow her gaze, which seemed to be on my back. I turned my head and saw the piece of glass I shielded the kid from embedded in my back. "Holy-" I muttered, wide eyed. I felt a chill run down my spine. "TRACER! The kid." The angel commanded, prompting the blue light to flash closer, and the girl which followed taking the kid out from under me, shortly before my arms and legs gave out, causing me to fall flat on the ground.