"Xael!"

"Hm?"

"Did you hear what I said?"

"I'm sorry hon, no I didn't?"

"Saturday we can take the pups to the vet in the city that Skylar mentioned. I want to get the boys taken care of before it gets any colder out."

"Sounds like a plan hon."

Breakfast done and kitchen cleaned, Skylar made sure the fire was at a safe level to leave it unattended and put the glass safety screen in front of it just in case.

Adam road with Skylar and Xael helped her Grams in the jeep with the pups going in the backseat. They were quickly getting the hang of things as they laid down, each with their stuffed toys next to them.

"I'm so glad you have pups again dear."

"Me too. They've been so well behaved."

"So what are we going to do first?"

"Fix these two little hoodlums some puppy chow. I was thinking Grams, since everyone is moving to town soon and your house and my house seem to be the go to spots, maybe we should store up some more food for the winter? These city boys might have a hard time with it being their first winter up here.  Plus, you know they aren't gonna wanna cook."

"Oh Xael, I didn't even think about that!  Hmm, I tell you what, let's get some more stuff to can up and we can do it at the diner one weekend. The stove there has six burners so we can get more done. I'll just leave my canners up there one day. There's more room to work and we can store stuff in the back pantry.  I need to rearrange somethings to make more room. Oh!  I need to get your brothers or Wes to build more shelves. The power goes out, they're going to be hurting."

"Good point. Once it gets bad, you're not gonna want to leave the house and Skylar doesn't have to try to drive into town."

Xael had an unsettling thought. Right around the time for her to give birth is when winter would start. Since these were her first, she wanted to be with her Grams as she would need all the help she could get. The timeframe for snow was only about three months and she would love to spend that time with them so they could also bond with the babies.

As they drove, Xael attempted to work it all out in her head. When it came time for the pups to be born, they would stay out there with Grams and Skylar. Not wanting the cabin to sit empty through winter, she would offer it up to the guys. They would need a 4WD vehicle and chains but they would have a fireplace as the power was prone to go out in town and the pipes wouldn't freeze like they would if no one was there. Right now it was getting to be too much to think about. After everyone knew, they could figure things out from there. Now to enjoy the day and be productive.

Finally in town, Skylar's truck pulled into the reserved spot at the station building. Xael didn't stop because she didn't need to. Adam was communicating to her through their link.

"Grams, Chris and Eli should be by in a bit."

"Good, good. What are they doing again?"

"Replacing some of the windows and then putting in a new patio door."

"Oh nice!"

Back home and the jeep parked, Xael helped her Grams out first then let the pups out. They were still too small to go jumping down by themselves so she placed them on the ground. After stretching out their sleepies, they took off towards the tree line to pee. Not even half way back to their momma, one was tackling the other.