1

A few things to note:

1: for those who didn't read the description, this takes place in high school

2: unlike past fictions, there will be not trigger warnings on these chapters. All I can say is that if you don't like black magic, don't read. While there will be not elements of suicide, self-harm, or other themes like that, I figure it necessary to note this

3: All chapters told in Kellin's POV (Unless otherwise noted)

4: Vote, comment, all that jazz

History class, eighth period, the class that everyone dreads. I happen to have a liking for it. I enjoy learning about what happened in the past. Or maybe that's just the Iron Maiden fan inside of me talking. 

But that's not important. The main reason why I really like this class is that it's the only class that I share with the person that makes my heart race, Vic Fuentes. 

The deflating issue with it though, is that his boyfriend, Andy, is also in the class. What are the odds? And every day, I have to endure the two of them making eyes at each other. While I would have no issue with this if it were anyone else, it bothers me when it's them. 

I've tried anything and everything to try and get Vic alone to ask him to prom. But all efforts always failed. I once even tried cursing Andy to be stuck at home with a terrible fever, but he was there the next day, healthy as always. This may just have something to do with the fact that my magic circle was actually an oval, but that is not important to me at the moment. All I know is that Andy's immune to spells, and he's definitely going to ask Vic if I don't act fast. 

Someone snapped in my face, interrupting my train of thought. "Earth to Kellin," Kev said. Kevin was the class weirdo. He was obsessively romantic, fiercely loyal, and well-known for his liking of the EDM genre. "Lost you again," He teased. "Remember Alexander the Great?"

"Yeah, yeah, Gordian knot," I replied dismissively.

"You know, I'll bet he only did it to impress someone that he was in love with."

I rolled my eyes. "That's your conclusion for everything."

"It's powerful stuff." He tapped his pencil against my shoulder. "Anyone you've got your eye on for the prom?"

"Of course there's someone. I just can't ask them," I sighed. 

"That's the worst." Kev wrinkled his nose. "It's like Cupid doesn't like you or something."

"Maybe that's the problem." I sighed as I sunk deeper into my chair. "But I've still got some faith in Satan."

"Oh, right, your paganism." Kev had nothing against my interest in black magic, but thought that it was strange. "Don't you think that one of your spells would have worked by now if that really helped?"

"One of them did work. Remember the Ouija board?"

"Unfortunately. That was really freaky when it answered all of our questions like it was alive or something." He shuttered at the memory of the late-night haunting. 

"Of course it wasn't alive. There was a spirit guiding it. You have to at least know that much." The bell rang, interrupting our conversation. I stood up. "Do you have your eye on anyone?" I asked him. For someone so interested in relationships, I can't say that I've ever seen the guy with anyone.

"I'm leaving that to your imagination," Kev waved his hands mysteriously before bending over to grab his books. "I'll be going though. Next period's art class, and there's a kid in there who needs my expertise."

"You and I both know that it's the other way around." He really wasn't that good at art to begin with, which is what made me wonder why he'd taken the class in the first place. 

"That may be so, but at least I'm making friends." With that, Kev exited the room, leaving me behind to go and catch up with my own friends, who took the same French class as me. 

I left the room and sighed, pushing through the sea of students eagerly discussing a wide array of topics. The one that I kept hearing about was prom, but that's to be expected. Some bumped into my shoulder. "Hey, man. What's up?" He asked me.

"Nothing much, Alex. What's up with you?" I looked at my friend, who also took French 1 with me. 

"They all still think that I'm gay." He shook his head. Everyone thought that he and his best friend, Jack, who was also in our French class, were totally gay for each other. I can't speak for Jack, but I know that Alex is definitely straight. 

"Speaking of that, where is Jack?" I looked around. Alex and Jack were usually never separate. 

"He was held back by his teacher. That's never a good thing." We both shuttered. Being held back usually means that someone is about to get some very bad news. "So did you ask Vic yet?"

"What do you think?" I asked him sarcastically.

"I suppose that if you had, you'd be dancing through the hallways and glowing with happiness and confidence."

"I would not!"

"You would so." He nudged me on the shoulder playfully. 

Jack came running up to us, ending that conversation. "You're never going to believe this! I'm failing another class!" He threw his hands up in the air.

"You can always study with us," I suggested. Alex and I studied together every Wednesday. The location varied.

"Are you crazy? I get enough information at school. I'm not wasting my time outside of it. Besides, I'm going to be a rock star when I grow up anyways."

"I'm sure you are," I laughed. He and Alex were currently in a band with two other people that I didn't know personally. It was a rather successful project as far as high school bands go. I looked to Alex. "So who are you going to ask to prom?"

"There's this girl named Lisa that I have my eyes on. I just have to get her alone. I think that she's going to say yes. She laughs at all of my jokes, even the bad ones. She's totally into me." He pointed to Jack. "And this guy's got some plans too."

"Really?" I asked him. 

"I want to try and ask Kev," Jack said awkwardly. 

"I don't think that it's going to go well," Alex shook his head. I didn't either, but I didn't want to burst Jack's bubble. 

"Nonsense. This is our last year in high school. Anything is possible." Jack spread his arms in presentation, dropping all of his books in the process. Alex and I jumped to our knees to help him pick them back up. "Even that," He laughed.