Chapter | Twenty Two | Befriending

*I cried so fucking much in the last episode. THE TWINS. Suna.... k i t a

The very thought of not being able to see Inarizaki every week kills me. somebody please feel my pain.

˚‧º·(˚ ˃̣̣̥⌓˂̣̣̥ )‧º·˚

___________________________________

Osamu twisted and then pulled on the finger. The bone cracked and then popped like a barbie arm being pulled out of its socket.

The man muffled a yelp into his hand and glared daggers at Osamu. No bystander noticed. Meanwhile the finger gradually turned a dark shade of purple. The changing direction of the suns rays unveiled the dark shadow cast on Osamu's face, exposing the expression of rage himself manifesting the teenage boy.

The molester ran. Dodging bodies in the tightly packed train. Osamu barely saw the sliding of the door to the next car over a sea of heads.

Shit, is this a crime? Osamu felt his logical brain slap him in the face. He just broke the finger of a stranger. What would be the repercussions?

This all happened in the span of a few seconds. His attention concentrated back on Kaede who was now shivering slightly with distant eyes.

"You okay?" He whispered, rubbing her shoulder roughly.

"Yeah." she replied curtly, biting her lip.

A voice announced the nearing of the next station.

Shortly after, Osamu decided to get off. Pulling her out of the hub of people packed in the train. He sat her down on the plastic chairs lining the platform. She wasn't crying, nonetheless she looked exhausted.

Osamu squatted down in front of her as she buried her head in her hands, elbows sitting on knees. Her soft hair dangle from the side of her face. He stroked her shoulder in assurance.

"Thanks." she spoke through her hands, the sound muffled.

"Cheer up." He says, "please". Tilting his head, waiting for her to show him her face.
"mhm."

She continues to hold her hands up to her face. She just nods.

He checks the name of the station.

"Hey. I know a good place to eat. Has some amazing sweets too." He says, and smiles.

She lifts her head at the word 'sweets'. Her eyes are glossy and her lashes sparkly.

-
-

"I confessed to Kaede". Atsumu says giddily.

"Hah? What did she say?" My heart dropped.

"'Me too'! hahah." then without stopping Atsumu went on and on about how he took Kaede home from an "incident", how he comforted her with a hug, how she was pretty in the sunset lit train, and how she had been crying so her eyes glistened. How she would gaze off into the distance, like she was trying hard to forget a memory.

Atsumu told him: what she likes and doesn't like. And things, someone normally wouldn't know from a mere friendship.

Osamu clapped his hands together - in his mind - connecting the dots. What an idiot... -Tsumu. You told me everything I need to know.

She fell for you because you comforted her. That day.

And then you persisted.

-
-

"Where?" she says.

"Near the station. It's a cafe."

"Nice." She says in an excited tone, standing up.

He guides her out, and she follows. Her steps weren't that springy however. A slow trudge, dragging her feet forcefully to get herself to move. Her legs were still shivering.

"Do you want me to carry you?"
"Eh?!"
"You're shivering."

Osamu's perceptive. I thought I was hiding it well...

See, Kaede? I'm not as dull as you think.

"No I'm not." She pouts, embarrassed.
"Don't be embarrassed~"
She locks eyes with his.

"I'm not!!" Her face is flushing a lovely pink.
"I'll carry you bridal style. All the way to the cafe." He jokes.

"Pfft- No!" she's laughing now. Osamu smiles.

"Here here-" Osamu says, crouching down and positioning himself so he could scoop her up.

"-Samu No!" she yelps and slaps his chest.
Osamu decides to let the nickname slide, stomach churning in butterflies.

"-ok-" she hits his chest again, "-ow" - well it didn't really hurt.

Now she was being playful! Osamu decided to run a bit, and she chased after him. Dodging her swings, they ran, all the way down the stairs and through the ticket gate.

-
-
-

"-NO WAY. YOU BROKE HIS FINGER?!!!"

"-shhhhhhh!!!!" Osamu smacked his finger against his lips in a shush gesture.

Thanks to Osamu, Kaede was gradually able to get comfortable with mentioning the incident inside the train. Now they sat at the cafe, happily eating french toast together.

-
-
-

It was gradually getting dark, and the two were still communicating effectively with each other.

"-So... why do you like Atsumu?"

She placed her mug cup on the table.
"-uhhhh. His face?"

Osamu gasped dramatically in response, clutching his own.

"I'm kidding. -uhhh."

She looks down at her lap with kind eyes. "He's kind of cringey and cheesy, and kind of childish sometimes. But, um, he's very sincere, and kind and supportive-- uhhh saying it out loud makes me sooo embarrassed. He's a genius in volleyball, I mean that's why I liked him in the first place. His voice? I don't knowww. YO wait you're his brother. Don't you dare tell him anything."

Osamu agreed with the first half. Sincere?? Kind?? Hell nah. There were more girls his brother harshly sent crying that he could count on all ten fingers and toes. He sometimes decides to ditch a date because 'he doesn't feel like it'. But with Kaede? Atsumu was totally whipped.

"Promised. Can you promise me one thing?" Osamu smirks.

"Hm?"

"You won't tell Atsumu that we met today."

"Wha-"

"He gets jealous."

"Ok?"

-

-

-

Osamu walks into his room - or more like his and Atsumu's shared room.

"Where were ya?" Atsumu asks.

"A date."

"With who."

"It's a secret."

Atsumu scowls. Osamu walks by him, and a familiar smell - sweet, but not suffocating, freshness - hits his nose very very faintly. Atsumu jumps up, with wide eyes and a concerned look.

"...It's not Kaede right?"

Osamu pauses for a second, then turns around with a puzzled look.

"Of course not dumbass. Why'd you ask?"

____________________________________
*also Merry Christmas everyone!!