Only if I could've seen her, like that.

"Rehan, I thought you went!" Aunty asked surprised as she came out of the bathroom.

"I came to stay with her. Aren't you going home?" I questioned seeing her.

"No, I decided to stay here. You go and take some rest Rehan, you need it after a long day."

I shook my head, negative. "I couldn't be with her yesterday and many days and months before that, and I want to spend the coming days maximum with her. You can go home Auntie and come back tomorrow. You need to rest." I said.

She looked at me and then at Aadhya. She returned her gaze and nodded. "She needs you the most. I'll come back in the morning. Take rest, when he comes back you'll be praying God for some sleep and peace." She joked making me smile.

"Can't wait for that." I genuinely said. I wish to fasten to the days when I'll get to hold my child.

After Aunty left the room I locked the door and moved the guest's bed near to the patient's bed.

Even I so wanted to lie down beside Aadhya and keep her head on my chest, I know she's not in a condition to be. So I laid on my bed, which was a bit smaller, in height, than hers.

I held her left hand and spotted the ring finger empty. I've always loved to play with her fingers, especially when she had a ring on them.

I guessed the ring must be in the room. I got out of the bed and walked to the cupboard, unlocking it I saw two bags. I opened the first and there was a small cover.

I took it out and it held Aadhya's engagement ring, her, now, broken mangalsutra, and earring.

There was no way she could wear this mangalsutra, again.

I reminded myself to get her a new one, as soon as I could.

Keeping the rest of the things back, except for the ring, I moved to her side of the bed.

I held her palm, her other hand held against her body by the white bandage. I slipped the ring on her finger and laid back on my bed.

Caressing her fingers, I slowly fell into a deep sleep. I slept only for a few seconds, but I knew it was more than that when I heard a loud gasp and my hand jerked off.

"Are you, okay?" I placed my hand on her cheek. Hot tears slipped out of her dark orbs, her lips shivered and she clutched my shirt.

"---I ca--" Her heavy breaths made me worried. I passed her a glass of water, and sitting beside her I rubbed her back.

"I should have been careful." She turned to me. "--Oh my god, Rehan. I killed her, it was my--"

I hugged her, tightly. "No. You're not. You don't get to blame yourself, you'd nothing to do with it. She was---, not ready."

"I'm scared, Rehan. I close my eyes, and she's crying. I want to touch her." Her voice faded as she spoke. I caressed her hair, holding her close.

"She's happy, there. We have to let it go, let her go."

I lifted Aadhya's face, her eyes were closed, the medicine was drawing the hell out of her.

>>>>

The next morning, I woke up more early than usual. Aadhya was sleeping, and before I head out, I wanted to see our baby.

"You're here," I said opening the glass door, outside the NICU.

"I brought four lives here, and only got two back, so had to make sure, he was pulling the rope," Sanjay said looking at the babies through the glass. "I'd been here for five minutes, trying to find which baby has, unfortunately, your looks. But, where is he?" He questioned.