21| Exactly Like This ✓

REHAN

I change the gear to neutral and pull the handbrake. Everyone turns to open the door but I turn the lock on getting everyone's attention.

"Now what?" Liya asks.

My family and I have come to Aadhya's house for lunch. Her parents invited us two days ago and my doctor parents were only available on a Sunday.

"Don't make unnecessary jokes about me there. Understand?" I tell my siblings.

Ved shrugs his shoulders before opening the door. Mom shakes her head at me and follows Ved.

I take a deep breath before getting out of the car. We walk towards Aadhya's family as they stand outside the door to welcome us except Aadhya.

"Hey, Rehan," Jhanvi says as she gives me a side hug while she holds her son in her hand.

We have become good friends after I jumped on her balcony to see Aadhya.

"Hi," I say and look at the baby boy in her arms. He is so small and sleeping in his mother's arms.

"I don't see you jumping the balcony anymore. What happened?" She asks me with a smile and I rub my neck in embarrassment.

"Well, she gave me a key to the house. So-" I joke and she laughs as looks upstairs.

"Your fiance is taking her beauty bath. She said ten minutes, forty minutes ago. If you want you can wait for her in her room."

"While I wait for her, I'll see if there is an award for best sister-in-law."

"Yeah. Good. Good." She laughs as I run up to Aadhya's room.

I knock on the door thrice but I didn't get a reply. I guess she is still bathing. I come back downstairs and sit with my family as we are served juice.

"When will you have to go back, Rehan?" Anil Mehra, Aadhya's father asks me.

It's just a simple question but I shift in my seat because of the sudden weight on my shoulders. Why the hell am I nervous?

I can see Ved and Dad smile as they watch me.

Fuck!

"Uh- August actually. The date isn't fixed."

"Okay." He nods just before his wife, Devki aunty comes to call us for lunch.

"Hi!"

I turn my head to the voice in an instant I feel a painful jolt up in my neck. I smile as I see my beautiful Aadhya.

She's wearing a blue and white cotton salwar. Her hair is wet and she looks like she's out of breath, I guess after running from upstairs.

Her eyes glance at everyone and when she sees me, her eyes stay on me for a moment before she walks over to everyone.

"I'm sorry, I was taking a bath and-" She begins to talk as she stands near me but with a gap between us. She smells great.

"It's fine. Ved is the same. So we understand." Dad says as he pats her arm laughing.

Aadhya smiles when Ved gives her his fist. She laughs hitting it with hers.

"Come on. Let's eat." Aadhya's father says as he shows everyone the dining area.

Aadhya looks at me and smiles. I hold her hand and look down at the engagement ring.