07| Guilty Pleasure ✓

Aadhya Mehra

"If you were not well we could have arranged this meeting other day." I can't help but ask Rehan as he cover his nose with kerchief.

"No. I'm fine." He says removing his kerchief from his pink nose. "My sister pinched my nose to wake me up. She knows I'll sneeze."

"Would you like some Ginger tea? Maybe it'll be help you." I ask and raise my hand to call the waiter

He nods no after a sneeze. This guy got my nodding habit .

"Can you make a Ginger tea, please." I tell the waiter who takes the order and go back.

"I didn't know Restaurants has Ginger tea in their menu." He tells me when the tea comes.

"I think they don't but since this is my father's, I can pull some strings." I smirk as he laughs.

"I didn't knew you could talk this much . You were so shy yesterday." He smirks at me and I smile.

"I was nervous yesterday." I say looking down at my purse. "And my first time."

"You get used to it when you are going to see the fifteenth girl," He says and I widen my eyes.

"My mother is trying so hard to get me married that I have started seeing girls two years back. This is the first time, I'm going out." He adds. "Can we order something? I didn't had breakfast."

"Sure." I nod and he calls the waiter. "I'll have cappuccino."

He orders from the menu and the waiter writes everything on his pad and go back to bring our food. The food comes much faster than usual and I think my Dad has something got to do with it, maybe he didn't want to embarrass his restaurant in front of his 'potential' son-in-law.

"Your summer vacation started?" He asks.

"Yes. Exams finished some weeks ago." I reply.

"My house has turned into a jungle. With every one of my siblings home, it's pure chaos."

I smile. "My brother's six year old has made a list of the places she wants to go and Bhabhi is trying to avoid the conversation. Is it holiday for you?"

"Yes. But it depends upon the contract. Maybe it'll be seven months for job and six months vacation. The time will change according to the contract." He says eating the salad.

"Can we play twenty questions?" I mentally thank my sister for the idea. I know it's lame but my life is pushing me to do it.

"I have never done that one. Who's going first?" His eyes has the surprise look. I'm sure it's because of seeing my newer version.

"I will start." I say straightening up. "Your favourite colour?"

"Blue. Yours?"

"White and Pink. But not because I'm a girl."

He chuckles taking a sip of his juice. "Pink is my third most favourite colour after black."

"What do you find most attractive in a girl?"

"Eyes." He says before looking up to my eyes. "The first thing I notice in a woman is her eyes."

"So what do you find attractive about a man?"

"Come on," I sigh. "You are returning me my questions."

He shakes his head. "This is the last one."

I smile. "Beard. I just love beard. When my brother was having his beard for the first time, I was the one celebrating it. He thought I was mad." I laugh.

He runs his hand through his light beard. "You know, I can grow a full beard."

I raise my eyebrows in surprise. "I was worried for a second." I joke.

We laugh continuing our conversation. It is nice to come out of my house and have a good talk with someone who don't know anything happening to me back home. This conversation brings my heart a wave of happiness.

"Most embarrassed situation in your childhood?"

He looks embarrassed and looks around and then look at me. "Oh, you really want to know this!"

I nod my head eagerly .

He sighs. "I was twelve or thirteen and my family and I, went to my Grandpa's brother's house. I was too tired so I slept in the house while all others went to explore the place. When I woke up I hear giggles, running sound, laughter and all. It was my father's cousin and his wife who are newly wed. I couldn't even move out from the room I was in because they were both in the hall just in front of my room. I was going mad. I tried to sleep but I couldn't and after 2 hours everyone came and i was released."

I start laughing and staring at me for some seconds, he joins me. "I can't imagine." I say laughing.

"Okay. Next Question." He says eager to change the topic.

"If you want to change the topic," I giggle.

He shakes his head. "What is your guilty pleasure?"

"Cooking after midnight." I answer. "It gives me peace when everyone is sleeping and then to eat everything."

He smiles. "What do you make?"

"Everything." I tell excitedly. "From Biriyani to Burger to Smoothies to Gulab Jamun."

"What! Really!"

I laugh. "It's weird but it's kinda my thing. Do you cook?"

"Noodles." He shakes his head. "But even that goes wrong. But there's benefit to that. My family sometimes does MasterChef and I'm always the judge. From Dadi to Rhea, my younger sister, everyone cooks something for me."

"That sounds so fun."

"Oh No." He laughs shaking his head. "Liya, will complain I'm Ved's fan and that's why he won. Then things will get complicated. Names will be called, nails will be out, hair will be pulled."

He goes on about his family and I smile listening to it with all my heart.

please vote and comment.