14| Coffee✓

"Her left toe is bigger than her right." Kanika, Rehan's aunt, complains about Aadhya to her mother.

Dadi shakes her head at her daughter. "I didn't bring measuring tape Kanika." She sees Sunita frowning at Kanika and Dadi silently gets inside her car.

Dadi knows Kanika has intentions to get her daughter, Kavya get married to Rehan but she has always been against it. She also knows how much Sunita despises Kanika and she can't blame her daughter-in-law.

She has always been silent. Not ready to take sides in their silent war and this time too she does the same.

As everyone reaches their homes, Dadi goes to Yash, Sanjay's father's house. Two of the Malhotra sons' houses are built in the same compound, and Dadi stays in each son's house each week.

It was time to stay in Yash's house today and Dadi was glad for the same. She knows Sunita will talk to her about her daughter.

Dadi loves Sunita. She has never found a bad quality in her. She can't admit to everyone but Sunita is her favourite daughter-in-law yet everyone knows it.

Sunita walks inside her and the moment she reaches the living room she turns and glares at her husband. Raj stands in his spot and slowly places the house keys in the teapoy in the middle.

"I swear it was not me." He tells her.

Ved chuckles and Liya stamps him on the foot.

"Ow!" Ved whispers. He looks at Rehan. "That is you in a year."

Rehan frowns and looks at his parents. His parents' marriage always has been a healthy one. He doesn't remember them ever fighting in front of their children. Of course disagreements but never shouting and insulting each other.

But boy, they tease and prank each other so hard. He remembers how his father bought a cat home when his father knew how much his mother despises it.

And yet there is one exceptional case. Kanika, Kavya's mother. Or as Ved like to call them, The K Family.

His mother has never shied away from pointing out her sister-in-law's notorious acts to his father.

"Raj, what is wrong with your sister? Can't she at least pretend to be happy for my son!"

Raj sighs as he looks at his wife. This is not new to him. He wonders if this only happens in his family, the sister-in-law's not liking each other and the brother/husband getting trapped inside.

"What did she do?"

"She didn't do, she said! Her problem was if Aadhya's left toe was bigger than her right!"

"Is it?" Ved asks Rehan. Rehan hits Ved's head in annoyance.

"I'll talk to her," Raj says calmly. He wraps his arm around his wife's shoulder. He looks at his children. "Don't you three have any shame? Listening to your parents' talk." He jokes in a serious tone.

"Yeah and this is your bedroom?" Ved asks.

Raj shakes his head. He looks at his wife. "Get some ice cream for my wife, Rehan."

Rehan smiles as he goes to the kitchen. He comes back with a tub of ice cream, five bowls, and five spoons.

Everyone sits in the living room and Ved fights for the bowl which has so much ice cream.

"Where is my child?" Raj asks as he looks around for Rhea.

"Ow ow." The three siblings say together pretending to be hurt. As on cue Rhea comes running from Yash's house.