26| Any Better ✓

Aadhya Malhotra

"Will you have a problem if I remove this?"

I look at Rehan, as he point me the engagement ring. He really have irritation with it. And I don't mind if he doesn't want to wear it, because every minute he's removing the ring to scratch his finger.

I shake my head. "You remove it after reception, my family—"

He starts to remove the ring but suddenly stop to look at me. "I'll wear it for reception. Thank you for understanding. Rings are not my thing." He keep the ring in his pocket and open the wardrobe shelf taking a small box out.

He open it for me. It is a watch.

"Your brother gave this to me, you didn't know?" He look amused seeing my reaction.

I nod no. I remember Bhai giving Jiju a watch after Di's wedding and I forgot that he must be giving something to Rehan. Does that mean Bhai also gave his brother words to Rehan?

"Did he gave those brother warnings to you?" I ask.

Rehan give me a shy smile, rubbing his neck. He keep the watch on the dressing table still having the smile.

"It's a secret talk, won't reveal anything." He says. "But I get now, what should I tell to my sisters husbands."

"Why is everyone like this, Jiju also never told Di what happened. Did Bhai said 'I'll kick your ass if you hurt my sister.'" I ask and Rehan raises his eyebrows.

"You can imagine what and all you want but no, I won't tell. It's confidential."

I begin to protest when a knock comes on the door. I open the door to Anu standing with my phone.

She forward me the mobile "Yesterday I told Sanjay to give it you, but he forgot." She says. "I'm going home, let's meet at the hotel."

Her voice didn't seem to be in the happy tone, it always is in. Anvi give me a smile and a glare to Rehan. I didn't even get to ask her the reason, before she practically run.

I glance at Rehan. "Earlier she told me, she'll be coming with us to the hotel and now she's not. Something happen?"

I switch my phone on and it show low battery. I took Rehan's charger and plug it in.

"Couple fight, maybe." Rehan says after a moment.

"How do yo—hey you have a hand in this right, I saw her glaring at you."

Rehan nod at me. "Before Sanjay and Anu got together he had a relationship and she was in our class too. I was the one who set them up and yesterday she messaged Sanjay. Now seeing Anu I think she knows. Whenever this ex thing pops up, she'll kill me with her glares, saying I'm the one who started it. But don't worry it'll be fine by tomorrow."

"So will the ex be coming to the reception?" I ask walking to him.

He nods. "She's my classmate, so I gotta invite her."

"Do you have any exes too? I mean, someone who will be coming today."

I would like to be prepared.

He smiles looking at me.

"We are friends now. So I did invite her, but she can't come. She's aboard."

"Oh. Does she work there or settled?"

I know I'm pushing but I would like to know about his relationships. I didn't had any.

Rehan laughs shaking his shirt off with one hand and is it wrong to stare my husband's body.