31| Changes

Aadhya Malhotra

"I want a baby."

My body freeze. I stare at him in shock. My mind goes blank and I don't know what to say.

"I'm sorry… what?"

Rehan shakes his head and sits closer to me. He grabs my hand and looks into my eyes.

"That was accidental. Sorry for that." He chuckles nervously. "We never had the talk about our future."

"I do not want a baby." I add quickly.

"Oh." Rehan whisper.

I smile. "It's fine."

He smiles before leaning in to kiss me on my cheek. "Je t'aime."

"You know French!" I look up at him and he nods.

"When my wife is multi-talented, I have to reach her level, no."

I roll my eyes at him.

"Nope, I know the I love you, only." He laughs.

~~•°•~~

"This is enough, na," Liya asked showing two large dark chocolate pack. We're going to bake a cake tonight and has come to the supermarket to buy all the ingredients plus mom has given us the list of the finished spices and others at home.

"Yes. Where is Rhea?" I asked with a sudden worry thrown to me. I'm really scared about children getting abandoned in a public place.

Sad to say, every place is getting dangerous day by day.

But it's the truth.

"She's with Bhai, probably fighting for a bar of chocolate"

I strolled the cart after placing fruits in it.

"And who'll win"

"Of course Bhai"

"Why does he hate chocolate so much," I asked as we moved. I spot Rehan near the counter talking with Ved, he was holding Rhea by one hand. And she was trying to escape.

And Yash Chacha owns supermarkets and we're on one of his now.

"Who knows" She shrugged taking some drinks from the refrigerator.

I strolled towards Rehan. I separated his hands from Rhea's and she hid behind me.

"What's the matter with you?" I muttered moving the cart near the bill counter.

He helped me place the things on the counter. Since Rehan is going in just 12 days mom is making his favourite dishes every day. Yeah, my husband's going.

This man is sad but he's adamant on not showing.

"Can I take this?" Rehan and I turned back, to see Kavya holding a packet of biscuits.

"Of course, you can take whatever you want" I smiled at her and I spotted Rehan rolling his eyes. She gave me the biscuits and I placed it on the counter.

Kavya has been living with us for the past two weeks, I think. And she's not like what she used to be. After marriage, Kavya never talked to me but now after staying with us she's making company. She asked for my number, we're friends in Instagram and sometimes we both talk a lot.

She's good, in my opinion. Maybe she was not like this in the past that's why everyone has a negative feedback on her. And Rehan, of course, stays far away from her.

He doesn't close our bedroom door when he's alone but now he closes it the second he enters. He's having the assumption that she'll come to talk to him.