32| Still

Aadhya Malhotra

I pushed the hair falling on my face. It kept disturbing me and I opened my eyes in irritation, to find my husband drawing with my hair on my face!

"Are you mad?" I groaned laying on my stomach, snuggling my face into the pillow.

"My sleep is finished, get up. We can talk." He said keeping his hands on my waist. He tried to turn me back and I laid still.

"I'm going in five days and my wife doesn't want to spend time with me?"

I turned back, laid on his chest with my hand on his neck. "That line isn't going to work, every time. And I want to sleep." I mumbled. I kissed him on his neck and I felt his arms tightening around my back.

I'm going to miss him, terribly. He can't even imagine, how much. Months without Rehan! Even though it's funny, I met him 4 months ago.

"You know, you should stay at your parents after I go. You haven't stayed there for a long time."

"Hmm."

Sleep Rehan. Sleep.

I slowly patted his back and I went kind of out like a light.

"—dhya, Aadhya"

"What!" I gasped with my heart beating fast. I get scared when someone shake me in sleep.

"You were sleeping." He complained. I look at the digital clock on his side, 06:37, it says. Rehan had turned the lamp on his side, on.

"No, I was bathing." I turned back irritatingly and closed my eyes. God of sleep, save me from this Satan.

I want to sleep!

"I'll be gone in five days—"

"What the hell do you want" I snarled sitting on the bed. He smiled following my action.

"I was thinking of cooking something," He said.

"Mom doesn't even let you inside" I groaned rubbing my face with my hands.

"Well, my wife will." He smirked and I facepalm myself.

~

"Has anyone told you, you're way too annoying" I scoffed opening the kitchen door.

"Well, many have said I'm sexy"

I gave him a mocking expression in reply. I opened the kitchen windows. It was a nearly bright morning, the dark was slowly vanishing. I watered the English Ivy and Aloe Vera in the kitchen.

"What are we having for breakfast?" Rehan asked inspecting the fridge.

"Batura, Chicken Curry and Peas"

"Okay, and what am I gonna do"

"Do you even know what to do?" I asked tying my hair in a messy bun.

"I'll make tea" He opened one of the cupboards, searching for a vessel.

"We make tea, just 10 minutes before having breakfast," I said taking the flour and other essentials for making batura. "But since it's the first thing you said, you can make tea. I'll heat it for breakfast"

The water started boiling and I showed him the number of tea leaves and sugar to put.

"Arrey, Wah. Will Gordon Ramsay make such nice tea" He commented taking a sip of his tea. He nudged my shoulder signing the tea. I smiled continuing to knead the dough.

"Hey, can I do that"

"Nnooo!" I shook my head at his request of kneading the dough. He won't be able to make it right and if it goes wrong I'll have to start from the beginning again.