16| Healthy ✓

REHAN

Sanjay and I look at each other and we smirk as the same idea pops into our brains. We turn to Ved who's coming down the stairs bending his bandaged right foot.

We both run to him and he looks at us in horror. He shakes his head and grips the railing on the stairs.

"Mom!" He shouts.

We laugh and I grab Ved by his feet while Sanjay grabs his hands and we lift him off the ground.

"Rahul!" I shout.

Rahul comes from the kitchen, eating chips, and laughs when he sees us.

"What are we going to do?" He asks eagerly.

"Rahul!" Ved screams. "Let me down!"

"Straighten that couch," Sanjay tells his brother.

Rahul pulls the lever under the couch and the couch turns into a bed in square shape.

"Liya! You might want to see this!" I yell for Liya and she comes running down the stairs.

"Oh, God!" She exclaims. "Let me record this."

"Do not record anything Liya! I will kill you all!" Ved shouts again trying to get out of our hold.

"You won't touch our hair," I tell him. "Should we throw him in the pool?"

"No." Liya interrupts. "Mom will make a big scene because of his bandage."

"Let's throw him to the couch from upstairs," Sanjay suggests.

"We should tie his hands and make him eat bitter gourd," Rahul says.

"Let's do both of them," I say.

Sanjay and I start to swing Ved side to side and Rahul counts with us.

"Three. Two. One!"

"No!" Ved screams as we throw him into the couch. He crashes onto it with a big thud and groans.

"Rehan! Sanjay!"

Four of us turn around to see Mom running to us. She pushes us aside and looks at Ved.

"Ved! Beta are you okay?"

"Oh, he is so fine," Sanjay says smiling. Mom glares at him and he silently steps back.

Mom helps him to sit straight. "I'm good," Ved says before looking at us.

"What were you thinking? He is not well."

"Mom, please. His foot is only swollen. He is putting on these bandages to get attention from the girls." Liya rolls her eyes.

Ved tends to break something in his body now and then. Four months ago his fingers were broken when somebody stepped on his hand during a football match.

"I don't need to get attention by faking an injury. Girls come to me by their own choice." Ved answers back.

Dadi comes out of her room and asks what's happening. Mom fills her in and Dadi looks at Sanjay and me.

"Why did you both do that?"

"It was fun," I say smiling.

Who doesn't love bullying their siblings?

"Fun. Nice." She walks to me and twists my ear. I groan in pain and Sanjay slowly backs off. "Come here Sanjay."

Rahul pushes Sanjay to Dadi and grabs his ear and twists it hard.

"Never do that again."

"Okay. Okay." We say together and she lets go of us.

"Aren't you all going?" She asks Mom.