53| Grateful

Aadhya with Rehan and Liya ran downstairs. All of their family members were in the living room with police officers.

Aadhya and Rehan looked at Kanika and then at Sanjay Sharma. Dadi was sitting on the couch, crying. Raj fixed his gaze upon his sister, Kanika, while Sunita was controlling her anger. Sanjay with his family too came in just after Aadhya and Rehan.

"It was her," Sharma spoke looking at Rehan. "Kavya called us in the midnight and we go to her house and questioned Kanika. She admitted everything,"

"Why?" Aadhya asked. Her face red and feeling every emotions within her.

"She wanted to kill you and your babies to get Rehan married to her daughter. She didn't know Tara was with you, nor the thief who hid here. So while making Tara shut, she accidentally, in her words, pushed Tara from the balcony." Sharma looked at Dadi, who walked near Kanika and slapped her.

"No," Sharma said while the lady constable pushed Kanika back. Raj came forward and kept his arm around his mother. "We are here to tell her what happened exactly, please don't do anything against the culprit."

"She's my daughter!," Dadi yelled. "The one who killed my granddaughter and tried to kill Aadhya! Why did you do that?"

Kanika looks at her mother in tears.

"For my daughter's happiness," She cried. "You took my daughter's happiness, her life." Kanika glared at Aadhya.

"No she didn't," Dadi replied. "You did! You stole everything from Kavya by poisoning her life with lies. No one promised Rehan to Kavya. For him she was always his sister. I never said anything to you because I thought you're a grown up and can make sensible decisions but you can't. All you care about is money and not your daughter's happiness!"

"Okay. That is enough," Sharma interrupted. We need to finish what we came to do, so please cooperate."

"18 and under get out," Sanjay said to his and Rehan's siblings.

"Oh darn! I'm still not out of my honeymoon phase" He laughed making me laugh.

"Are you buying me chocolates?" Aadhya asked.

"Dear that was a one time offer, when Sanjay brought them for you on my behalf. It will never be repeated." Rehan replied.

"We will see that," Aadhya smirked. "I have to go, I need to sleep. See you in the morning."

"Bye,"

Aadhya shut the laptop and called for Tara. After not hearing her reply she got worried and went in search for her. Through the windows she saw a guy in a bike, outside.

Aadhya hurried downstairs and she frowned seeing the front open. Outside she spotted Tara with a boy. They were taking photos together but the stopped seeing her.

"Bhabhi," Tara blushed looking at Aadhya. "This is Sameer."

"Hi," Sameer raised his hand with a smile.

Aadhya walked to them carefully with a hand over her baby bump. "So you're the one who came here from Delhi for Tara?"

"Yes," He laughed. "Have to treat her like a queen, so—"

"Well, I'm a queen," Tara interrupted raising her collars.
They laughed and chat for sometime before Aadhya left them alone. It was a few minutes after that Tara and Sameer heard a car honk.