6.)

Rachelle's P.O.V:

Garrett and I talked from 10, when I got out of work, to 3 in the morning. We talked about, well, everything. He made me laugh and smile the whole time.

We talked like we'd been friends for years. I hadn't opened up so fast to someone before, and I didn't know how to react to my behavior.

I had to tell Jared about last night.

I told Jared I wanted to grab "lunch" before work. He gladly agreed. I messaged Jared telling him I had tea for him. I snickered once I sent the message. Jared was always thirsty for tea. We agreed on the Iron Horse because pizza seemed to be the best option.

***

As I pulled into the Iron Horse, I noticed Jared's car because of the pink, blue, and yellow flag plastered on the back window.

I got out of my car and walked in immediately noticing him in the back booth. I quickly rushed over and sat down.

"Guuuurl!! I swear to God! I'm dead. I'm dying. I know this tea is about your new bitch!!" I laughed realizing his heightened joy.

His excitement only fueled mine. I pulled out my phone to have him read our messages.

After we ordered our drinks and food, he really concentrated on reading our messages. He chuckled for some, slapped his hand over his mouth for others, and occasionally glared at me saying "I would've done more honey" emphasizing the e on honey.

He handed my phone back while we clawed at the pizza sitting in front of us.

"Listen baby," he started, "you too talked for what— 4 or 5 hours? "

I shook my head in confirmation.

"And he didn't ask for nudes" he continued.

"Nope" I answered honestly.

"You guys didn't talk inappropriately, at least from what I saw, right?"

I laughed wondering where this was going.

"Yes, Jared. We had a completely innocent conversation that I rather enjoyed."

The look on his face was unreadable. I was waiting for him to make fun of me, like he usually does, or say something at least a little insulting to my pure-ness, but he sat quiet for what seemed like forever. Suddenly, his lip curled into a smile and his teeth began to show.

"What??"

"Nothing" he said.

"Come on!! You have to tell me Jared."

He chuckled and took a deep breath letting out a sigh. "I'd marry him. Periodt."

Dear God. I couldn't even anymore. Jared hates everyone I like. Mostly because he's jealous, but I still love him. He's my best friend.

I smiled, half laughing, saying, "you know how I feel about marriage."

I paused. "Well, guys in general."

He looked at me and said "you can't hide forever Rachelle. One of these days you're going to have to get over your fear of being used and take a f*cking chance on love."

"You know I hate the "L-word" I jokingly pouted. He laughed as we got up to go to Walmart before changing for work.

As I got in my car, I realized he was right. Even though Garrett and I haven't talked long, I knew I liked talking to him.

Even if we stayed just friends, I couldn't have a preconceived idea he wants to hurt or use me.