Back at Grandma's House

Mulai dari awal

"I'll take a raincheck."

"Mn."

"Thanks Ms. Emma, I don't think Xael feels like cooking today."

"Not if she's in heat she won't. Explains why both of your scents have changed so drastically."

"I'll say." Skylar was getting a little fidgety as was Adam's dad but that was only because the sage had burned out.

"Uh, you might want to make extra, seems my appetite has increased also."

"Ha ha ha, will do dear. I think we should go so you can both get some rest. Stop by when you want, we're eating at 6."

"Okay. I'll set my alarm." Adam showed them out as the pups stayed behind. Standing next to his son, the Elder Shado was impressed even more. He had to laugh at himself, his son a Great Alpha. Adam hugged them goodbye and returned to his Mate. While they had talked, the fire had died down a little and Xael was getting chilly again, especially with her Mate not next to her.

Xael was awake and looking around the cabin, half asleep.

"You're up?"

"You know how clingy I get when I'm in heat. The moment you leave I'm awake."

"Well you just missed Grams and the others?"

"Others?"

"Skylar and my dad."

"Ohhhh. Uhh, no offense but I didn't really want to see them just yet."

"Ha ha haha, it's okay. Your Grams invited us over dinner, do you want to go?"

"Sure."

"Hey come here?"

Xael walked over to him. "Your ears are gone."

"What?" Xael ran her fingers through her hair and breathed a sigh of relief. "One down, one to go." Xael's large furry tail whacked Adam on the leg.

"At least it's a start." The Alpha offered up a smile as Xael gave him a hug.

"Are we staying the night there?"

"Do you want to?"

"I don't care, it will give the pups a chance to bond with Grams and Skylar, wait my uncle and cousin are still there."

"No, Grams said they left for a few weeks."

"Oh. Well I'll let you decide."

"We can stay if she doesn't mind."

"Mn. I'll bring the boys a toy."

Standing in front of the dying fire, Adam nuzzled into her neck and inhaled deeply.

"God you smell wonderful." Adam's deep sexy voice was turning her on.

"Hey, knock it off Alpha, we're trying to get back to 'normal' remember?"

"Oh yeah, but first!"  He pulled her against him as she caught a glimmer in his beautiful golden eyes.

"...filthy beast."

Quick love fest followed by a couples shower, Xael's tail finally went away. Pups playing on their bed, they got dressed and packed a small bag of overnight clothes as Xael texted her Grams to see if they could stay the night. The Elder was happy to have them and also let her know that the bedding in her room had been changed.

"Grams is fine with us staying the night."

"Sounds good babe."

Xael looked at the pups sitting on the bed watching them. "Glad we gave you stinkers a bath, can't visit Grammy being all stinky."