Chapter 27: Festivity Breeds Pandemics

A/N DISCLAIMER
RWBY is property of RoosterTeeth and Monty Oum. If you STILL need a reminder, Promptly bash your head against a oven. All Art/Vids/Music shown are property of their respective artists/companies....also, Vivi isn't a doctor, but I still love him. Sorry for swapping out the usual Plague Doctor aesthetic.

***3RD PERSON POV***
Location: Vale (Festival Grounds)
Time: 4:45PM

At long last...the festival was in full swing. Vendors ranging from merchandise stalls to simple food stands stood erect, dishing out their products to those who would pay.

After the oh so lovely speech briefly explaining the importance of this "holiday" from the headmaster's of each Academy, every hunter in training eagerly flooded into the "fair grounds". Nearly every stand was bustling with business, nearly every food cart was dishing out meals at a rapid pace, nearly every vendor was handing out plushies, pins, figurines, replicas of renowned weapons, and other merchandise.

At this moment, the Amity Colosseum soared in view of all, proudly above the city of Vale. It truly was a sight to behold. A testament of every kingdoms will to live in peace with each other and battle the Grimm as one. Bullheads and other transport ships carried students, spectators, and tourists back and forth at a seemingly endless routine. Every ship that would drop off said attendees at the fair grounds would be met with another Bullhead dropping off an equal amount at the ever filling arena in the sky.

Truth be told...Y/N was taken aback. All this time...he had resnetsd even thinking of attending this "piss-poor" event. Now that he stood in the middle of it, he felt himself est his words...metaphorically of course. Perhaps this event wasn't too bad....though, he could do without the crowds. He always resented crowds. To many people...to little space he semi-bitterly thought.

Prior to the Vytal Festival, The headmasters had agreed to allow Y/N participate in the ongoing tournament. Under one condition at least...due to him being a "One Man Team" he would not be able to participate in any matches due to him being "alone". And so, in order to keep the playing field "Fair" with the added benefit of letting Y/N fully participate, they had temporarily allowed Y/N to join team CEN (Cane) in order to fulfill the role of their missing Team Member. If Y/N remembered correctly, he would be "filling in" for one "Mercury Black" charater. Due to this, Team CEN was allowed a unique temporary name change to team PCEN (Pecan). ["P" For "Pestilence/Plague Doctor]

At this particular moment, he sat with his temporary team _CEN, JNPR, and his former team RWBY. Truth be told, they were in the middle of enjoying a rather nice meal, courtesy of Pyrrha Nikos after Weiss's card had "declined". Apparantly, Weiss had "overspent" on her monthly allowance. Considering she was a Schnee, one has to wonder...What does a filthy rich family that owns half of Remnant consider a "Allowance"?

Weiss: *scoff* "I thought I only spent one hundred thousand Lien...this is SO unfair..."

In response to the absurd number, Y/N began choking on his ramen. As he figuratively died on his own noodly goodness, the two girls seated to his left and right respectively, Cinder and Neo, comforted the boy by softly patting his back. Of course...they too were taken aback by Weiss's "meager" allowance.

Emerald: "I...come again?"

Ruby: "Weiss, you really need to get a grip over your shopping sprees..."

Weiss: "I only bought things we needed!"

Yang: "Which explains the fifthteen bags from Madam Guru's?"