Chapter 30: "Don't Break..." [Part 2]

A/N DISCLAIMER
RWBY is property of RoosterTeeth and Monty Oum. All art/vids/music shown are property of their respective artists/companies

(Warning: Last Final Warning Bros. I'm not following the canon of RWBY exactly. Again, like I've said in previous chapters, there will be changes.)

[<3RD PERSON POV>]

"Dammit...We're too late." A female voice spat.

She could not believe it, after their hasty introduction and equally abrupt departure, they had seemingly failed. The woman wore red armor and a custom Grimm mask. Still though, it was too late for either the back down now. They knew what must be done, even if the red clad woman was skeptical about resisting.

Mask: "Let's go. My tribe will assist on aiding the Atlas troops on the northern side. Vernal already sent a message."

The second woman arose from her seated position. Truth be told, she was a bit rusty on her technique. Nonetheless, she knew it was better to start now then later...or worse, never. She wore a dark grey cloak that concealed most of her appearance.

Grey: "Right. I hope Ozpin doesn't have a heart attack seeing either of us."

The masked woman chuckled, uncrossing her arms. With that, the masked woman sliced a portal with her katana. After a brief second to prepare, the two Braced themselves for the destruction that awaited them.

[3RD PERSON POV]

Location: Beacon Academy (Vault)
Centered Around: Jaune, Pyrrha, Ozpin, Ruby

The three students stood in disbelief. The Summer maiden, Amber was encased in a life support pod. Clearly, the previous maiden had been holding on to life only due to the machinery. Pyrrha, the next "chosen" for the maidens power stood, gazing hesitantly at the woman. She knew what had to be done...but she did not feel ready for it.

Pyrrha: "Ozpin...I-I'm ready. I know what must be done."

Solemnly, The headmaster gave a nod. Ruby awkwardly tried to comfort Pyrrha while Jaune lightly gripped her shoulder in support.

Jaune: "No matter what happens Pyrrha...I'm here beside you. I know you can handle it."

The spartan smiled at her team leader. With her mind made up as of yet, the look in her eyes shifted from orbs filled with doubt...to eyes filled with fiery determination. If Jaune could place his entire trust her...she would return the gesture in kind. Taking a deep breath, Pyrrha began taking in the Fall Maiden's power.

A orange and red stream of light seeped from the capsule. As it did so, the kono powah began to find itself merging with the red haired girls body. Bit by bit, Pyrrha felt herself become...powerful. Intoxicatingly powerful at that. Deep inside, she slowly began to fear herself and yet, part of her secretly craved more. As the power continued to surge into her body, Pyrrha let out a scream of pain. Truth be told...the power hurt.

The spartan felt as if her entire body was cast into a enraged fire. In response, the girl collapsed to her knees, taking heavy breaths. Jaune, Ruby, Ozpin, Winter, and Ironwood watched the girl with a look of empathy. They could do nothing but offer their silent moral support to the huntress in training.

Eventually, Pyrrha began to rise to her feet, her breathing quickly finding it's way to a manageable level. She had seemingly become adjusted to the pain...as she did however, a glass arrow pierced the capsule, impaling the vegetative fall maiden.