Chapter 12- Straight Flush

Leon was the original Ivan's best and childhood friend. He went abroad when Ivan was fifteen. They still kept in touch once in a while because Leon got busier. Leon was a really special person for the original. He was the only one who consoled him when his mother died. They were really close but when Leon went abroad, they didn't contact each other much. Even so, Ivan regarded him as a precious friend.

Ivan pressed the answer button. A gentle and deep voice spoke, "Hello."

"Hi"

"I'll be back in the country tomorrow afternoon. So how about we go to a café and catch up. It's been a long time."

"Yeah, sure."

"I won't bother you anymore~. See ya~"

"....yeah, see you later."

[Ding! Mission activated! Prevent Leon from dying in two weeks. Reward:???]

Ivan was already planning to do that even if it wasn't a mission. Honestly speaking, Leon was the only one who was there for Ivan in his darkest times. But he can't just go and mention stuff like the apocalypse. Leon would just play it off as a joke. So in order to get this person to believe him, he would have to experience it himself.

When the Apocalypse begins, it will take as well as two weeks before the city A base is established.

Originally he thought of getting revenge but now, he has people he cared about. The term 'sweet revenge' was only temporary. If he really did exact revenge and decide to kill Mason in a brutal way then what was the difference between him and Mason. Revenge may feel good in the beginning but it will only leave you empty inside. If Mason did not touch him or the people he cared about then they can live their lives having nothing to do with each other anymore. But if he deliberately schemed against him then he won't take things lying down.

"Momo what has Mason been up to recently"

Momo took its time and narrated everything that happened when Ivan and the others were busy.

Ivan had his suspicions but now he was one hundred percent sure that Mason's soul had been replaced with someone else's or he had gone back in time.

"Momo, has Mason's soul been replaced?"

"Host's level isn't high enough to check. But there is less than a 0.000000000001% chance that that could happen. Because unlike you who was brought here directly by the goddess, other souls would be completely obliterated by the world itself. Even though this world had a bug, the possibility of any soul crossing over or Transmigrating is near to zero."

"I see. Never mind."

Just as Ivan was about to lie down again, he heard a light series of knocks on the door.

Dominic was still not back so it couldn't be him. Ivan stood up and opened the door. It was the twins.

"Is there anything you need?"

They didn't answer and only stared curiously at Ivan's neck.

"I've never seen this kind of snake before."

Alastor nodded. It was indeed an unusual serpent.

After a little chit chat, they all headed downstairs.

Everyone was on the floor playing cards.

"Four of a kind!"

"Ugh, come on not again~"

"Why do you keep winning?"

Ivy raised her hand to her chin and laughed dramatically. (You know, that villainess laugh).

"It's because you guys are just too easy to beat." She said haughtily.

"Your nose is so long that it could even rival the Eiffel tower."

"Oh, shut up Coral."

Coral just rolled her eyes in response.

"Hey, may I join?" Ivan asked.

"Oh sure~, but you can't hope to beat the great and powerful Ivy! Muahahahaha"

Ivan smirked.

"I'm kinda tired of playing cards.~" Dana whined.

"Oh, I know let's play spin the bottle."

"Sure."

"Why not."

"Okay"

"So it goes like this, whichever people the bottle lands on will have to do whatever the person sitting at the right side of the one who got the top of the bottle says."

"Okay," we all said in unison.

Dana pulled out a glass bottle from who knows where and placed it on the grenadil table. She twisted her wrists slightly and the glass bottle spun.

It soon slowed down as it landed on Astra( Agneyastra) and Reed. Ivy happened to be sitting on the right side of Reed.

She grinned evilly.

"Why not let Astra dear dress you up?"

Astra looked starry eyed at Reed as the rest of the sisters gave him pitiful glances and secretly lit candles for him.

Ivan didn't know why they looked at him like that but looking at the menacing grin on Ivy's face, he knew it was nothing good.

Reed seemed to not notice the strange looks he was receiving and just nodded and followed Agneyastra upstairs.

"I just hope he makes it out of there alive," Mira sighed.

Word count: 818

17th December 2020