Chapter 26 "In-Laws"

For the next few days, Ivan stayed with Zane. He called the girls to let them know, but he didn't receive a single call from Dominic. He probably didn't even notice he was gone. Ivan gave himself some time to grieve and heal. Zane was being super supportive every step of the way. Even though he had a lot of responsibilities, he still made time for Ivan, and this warmed his heart.

During this time, Ivan used his connections to get information on Jade's family. It turned out they had arrived at the base a few days ago and were yet to settle and establish their position. For Ivan, this was good news, it only made his work easier.

He began to crazily suppress them. No matter how hard they tried they were unable to grow their influence. Within just the short span of a week, their personnel had been cut in half. And ironically, most of them ended up signing under the pyro association.

The head of the Cohen family wasn't stupid. He knew that someone was suppressing them, but he didn't know who or why.

Ivan smiled to himself as he listened to the feedback Momo was giving him. He had set the groundwork. It was almost time to execute the plan.

Ivan had just arrived at the mansion. He needed to inform the girls of what was going on, and what he planned on doing.

And Besides Jade's parents would be here soon. He was truly curious as to what kind of household raised that thing.

Ivan walked with steady steps into the large living room and lo and behold was his boyfriend sitting on the sofa and intimately holding Jade's hands; looking like a pair of newlyweds waiting for their in-laws to arrive.

Ivan thought it would be easier to see them again, but it seems he was wrong. Ivan clenched his fists and ignored the dull ache in his chest and his urge to vomit. He wouldn't waste his emotions on pieces of trash like this any longer. Did they want to act? Fine, he'll have them taste what it felt like to have their whole world turned upside down.

Ivan smiled brightly and directly sat between them. Ivan acted naturally and started conversing with Dominic; completely ignoring the fact that there was another human being in the room.

"Dom, it's been a while. Don't you miss me?" Ivan inwardly cringed at himself. He never thought there would be a day when he ever said such words to a man that used to be the love of his life.

Dominic stared at him with slight guilt. He smiled and said, "Of course I do, I just thought you were busy and didn't want to disturb you. As a matter of fact, I was just about to call you. Jade's parents were coming to visit and I wanted to introduce you to them."

'Lies' Ivan's expression cooled imperceptibly.

"Is that so? Then we must prepare and greet them with hospitality."

Just then, the doorbell rang. " Speak of the devil."

Dominic quickly called one of his subordinates and told them to usher Jade's parents into the house.

Five minutes later, Jade's parents entered the hall. Ivan finally understood. Tsk, it was no wonder.

Jade's mother looked half as young as his father. She looked to be at most in her mid-forties whiles her husband looked like he was in his late seventies. It really made one wonder how he survived this long.

Jade's mother wore a tight-fitting body-con dress with large jewellery and delicate make-up. She smiled sweetly.

Jade immediately got up and run to his parents and hugged them. Jade burst into tears.

"Mom, Dad, I missed you guys so much. It was so difficult."

"It's okay, I'm sure Dominic took good care of you." Mrs. Cohen glanced at Dominic with a gentle smile.

"Of course he did mom."

After they finished the obnoxious display of familial love, they finally shifted their attention towards Ivan.

"Who might this be Dominic?" Mrs. Cohen asked with a strange glint in her eyes.

Dominic put his hands around Ivan's waist and pulled him closer.

"This my Lover, Ivan." Dominic said with a light smile.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, aunty, uncle." Ivan smiled sweetly albeit hypocritically.

Jade's parents were led into the sitting area.

"I'll go and prepare the refreshments." Jade said as he stood up steadily.

"Let mother help you." Mrs. Cohen said as she steadily followed behind Jade.

'Momo, follow them and record their conversation for me.'

[Sir, yes sir.]

He was really distressed when Ivan became depressed, so he was happy Ivan was back to his old self.

Word Count: 790