Part 3) Chapter Eleven

Start from the beginning

I parted my lips to say something, but he beat me to it when he said, "Hey."

I blinked blankly. "What?"

Nico rolled his eyes, leaning his back against the wall to my right. "You told me 'hey.' I decided to reply back to you since I never actually said anything."

"Pull it together!" I heard Annabeth's voice in the back of my mind. I really needed to stop zoning out.

"Right," I said awkwardly. I was about to ask how he has been, but I was pretty sure that was a stupid question. I mean, how would you feel if the person who promised to be with you for a lifetime cheated on you?

"How are you and Caly?" Nico broke the silence that seemed to appear everytime someone finished a statement. "Caly must be happy now that she's finally with you, huh?" I could sense the bitter tone he decided to not hide.

"Nico--"

"Caly came by earlier," he cut me off. "Told me that you and her are official, aren't you? She said that even though she only wanted to be friends with you, you kissed her. Isn't that right?"

"Nico, just hear me out," I pleaded. My heart throbbed in my chest and I didn't want to hear Nico talk about her and me anymore.

"I'm listening," Nico snapped, and the uninterested expression he had seemed permanent.

"I'm sorry," I began to say. I ran a nervous hand through my hair. "I'm sorry I...I kissed her. I didn't mean to. It's just--"

"You felt sorry for her, didn't you?" Nico cut me off once more. "So you kissed her since she just oh so desperately wanted you. And now that you did it, you regret it since you feel sorry for me now. So now you're just running back and forth between us since you feel sorry for the both of us. Aren't I right?"

His beautiful, dark brown eyes sent a glare in my direction as he shoved his hands into his pockets. I was positive his hands formed fists.

"You know," Nico began after I didn't know how to even reply, "I would've forgiven you if you just told me and you didn't mean it. If you told me it was a mistake before I had to find out for myself, I honesty would've forgiven you. But guess what? You just had to feel guilty and afraid of what I'd say, so you shut it out. You knew for half a month and you didn't even bother telling me. I thought you loved me, Perseus Jackson. Where's the love from that?"

Shit, why did Nico have to be so right?

"Your wrong," I blurted out, surprising the both of us.

"Really?" Nico challenged. "Tell me, where am I wrong?"

Was it a coincidence that one of the people that sang the song Am I Wrong was named Nico?

"I don't feel sorry for you," I corrected him.

He raised a puzzled eyebrow at me. "What?"

"Okay, I know that sounds weird, but let me explain it to you," I stated. I took a deep breath once more and began my explanation.

"I don't feel sorry for you," I repeated again for emphasis. "I know you hate pity, and during the few most happiest months of my life, I taught myself to not show you pity. So, I'm not going to do that now or anytime soon.

"I wanted to apologize to you for all the lies that I gave you," I continued. "I know I promised you that I would be with you forever and forever, and I still intend it to be that way. I know you probably won't forgive me right away, but I won't stop trying. I'll talk to soon and break it off."

He opened his mouth to say something, but I already knee what he was going to say. So, I cut him off.

"I know I don't keep my promises very well. But, everyone learns from mistakes, right? I'll fix the mess I've done, and I promise you I won't give up."

There was a long silence of him staring at me. His glare disappeared, which I guessed was a good sign. Nico didn't say anything, and I was getting really nervous. My palms were getting sweaty as I thought of so many possibilities. Did I say something wrong? Did he not understand something? Or was he not even listening to me? I hoped he listened to me because that was probably the best thing I've ever said other than that one time I told my mom how much I loved him and I had no idea he was standing behind me.

He chuckled. He fucking chuckled. I had no idea why he was laughing, and I was getting pretty irritated. I was about to ask him, but he explained it before I could ask.

"Most happiest isn't proper grammar, Percy." His chuckling came to a stop, but there was still a trace of his gorgeous smile upon his luscious lips. My heart seemed to rebuild itself just by watching him smile. I guess the Nico di Angelo that I tried so hard to get to appear never actually disappeared.

I smirked. "You laugh about that?"

He nodded. "Still the same old Percy after everything. But, you know, it's going to take a lot more effort if you want to win mr back. I--"

"Hold strong grudges, I know," I finished for him. "But you know, holding long-term grudges can be a fatal flaw of yours."

He raised an eyebrow for an explanation, but the bell rang before either of us could say anymore.