Part 3) Chapter Eighteen

I lied. The sleepover chapters is going to take way more than just two chapters.

...

Annabeth Chase

"Percy was there?!"

"Yes, Silena. He was there," Nico answered for the millionth time. He sighed exasperatedly, and I already knew that he was 1000% done with Silena's repetitive question.

Silena whipped her head around so that it faced Nico, who was currently sitting in the passenger seat next to her. "Was Percy really there?"

"Please keep your eyes on the road," Nico demanded tiredly.

"Sorry, sorry!" She turned back around and continued to drive properly.

"And he was there Silena," Nico answered once more. "You just didn't see him. Remember when I told you I would go find Annabeth when she suddenly disappeared?"

Silena nodded, keeping her concentration on driving us without anything bad happening.

"Well, Annabeth was talking to Percy," Nico finished. "What were you guys talking about anyway?"

I shrugged even though Nico couldn't see it from where he sat. "Just talking to each other again since we hadn't talked in awhile."

"Uh-huh," Nico pronounced slowly. "Didn't I say you couldn't lie to the king of all liars?"

"I'm pretty sure Percy's managed to outwit you at least one," I remarked.

Nico sighed once again. "How'd you know?"

"Well," I started, "Percy seems to know you really well, doesn't he?"

Nico shrugged. "I guess he does."

Maybe this was the time to try and convince Nico to date Percy again? I knew with how Percy acted that he really wanted Nico back with him. I was pretty good at seeing if someone was lying or not. Well, except for Nico.

Nico was absolutely impossible to decipher. When I first met him months ago, he was the first person to ever appear mysterious to me. He was the only person I could never figure out. Nico was just too good at lying, and I wasn't very sure if that was a good talent or a bad one.

"He probably knows every aspect of you," I pretended joke when really all I wanted to do was put that thought in Nico's mind that Percy knew Nico very well.

"Percy is pretty stupid," Silena pointed out. "Knowing someone really well takes a lot of work for a guy like him."

I smiled to myself. Silena actually figured out what I was up to.

From the review mirror, I could see Nico narrow his eyes. He probably suspected the both of us. I thought he was going to ask us what Silena and I were trying to do, but instead, he only nodded and went along with it.

"Do you ever think of getting back together with Percy?" Silena questioned Nico, keeping her gaze on the street.

A long silence soon followed after the question except for the engines belonging to the cars from outside and from the car we all sat in at that moment. We passed by multiple buildings that seemed to go by slowly, where really we were driving considerably fast if you observed the cars from the sidewalk or something. It was the weird thing about cars; time seemed to slow down whenever you were in a car, but on the outside you seemed to travel a lot faster than it looks from the inside.

I gazed out the window at the slow-moving scenery. Car after car passed by. Most of them were only occupied by one person. Only some of them had their capacity full. One of the cars sounded like a party was going on in there, and Nico rolled down the window and yelled for them to "Shut the fuck up." Quoted directly from Nico.

After awhile when we arrived onto Silena's driveway, Nico answered, "I don't know."

"Huh?" Silena tilted her head to the side after her seatbelt retracted back to its original spot before it protected her. She pulled on the emergency brake so that the car wouldn't roll down the driveway and into the street. That would've been pretty bad.

"Just answering your question," Nico replied before shutting the car door behind him and entering the house before us.

Silena sighed exasperatedly, turning around in the driver's seat to face me. "I hope they get back together."

I nodded. "I hope so too."

"Wonder how long it'll take for Nico to realize how much Percy truly loves him," Silena said.

I raised an eyebrow as a thought suddenly made its way into my mind. "Wait, I thought you were angry at Percy for breaking up with Nico."

She shrugged. "I was unti I found him at the park on Thursday."

"What were you doing at the park on Thursday? Was Nico there or something?"

Silena shook her head. "Nico wasn't there. I came home from school because Nico managed to escape from me and hide. I figured he'd be by that tree he was always at in that park. But when I got to that tree, Percy was sitting there instead." Her blue eyes became clouded. "He was crying when I found him. He seemed so sad and... And regretful." She smiled at me. "I probably should've seen Percy's side of the story before getting angry at him. You probably did that huh?"

I nodded. "It was the first thing I did when you told me what happened."

Silena nodded in comprehension. "I truly hope they get back together again just like before. Percy needs Nico just as much as Nico needs Percy."

I smiled. "They really do." I glanced towarr the window of the car. "We should probably get out now. Nico's probably waiting for us so the front door can be unlocked."

Silena's eyes widened. "Oh yeah! I totally forgot about that!" She giggled before rushing to get outside after grabbing her purse.

I rolled my eyes and smiled at how hurried Silena was. She almost closed the door on her bag.

I exited the car, shutting the door behind me. I heard the car lock itself before I glanced towarf the walkway leading to Silena's front door to her house. She was shoving the car keys into one of the pockets on her purse before grinning at me and practically skipping toward the entrance of the house where Nico was most likely waiting.

I chuckled before following after Silena.