Part 3) Chapter Eleven

Final exams are going to start tomorrow. I know I said in my other Percico fanfiction "Depression," I said that I wouldn't be updating this week. Well, I have to wait for an hour for my dad to get me fron school since he doesn't trust me to walk home, so I decided to type this

Disclaimer: I do not own the song Am I Wrong by Nico and Vinz.

...

Percy Jackson

I was definitely not prepared for how much it hurt. I mean, I thought I was, but I thought wrong.

I wish I could've erased that day from time and existence. Someone was probably born that day, but I still wanted to erase the day when the broken pieces of my heart were broken even more. That person could be born another day.

Annabeth and I turned a corner, and I almost ran into the person who was going to run my heart over with a car that contained the coldest emotions someone could ever possess.

Someone, most likely Silena, pulled him back to prevent him from running into me, and Annabeth tugged on my arm to stop me. My crushed heart was now pounding furiously against my chest as I glanced down at the person who I regretfully lied to.

He glanced up at me with blank eyes. They weren't full of happiness and love like they used to be. I missed getting lost in those eyes. Why did I have to go and take it all away?

I almost felt like breaking down just by looking at him. Actually, I was about to until Annabeth tugged on my arm again and whispered in my ear, "Pull it together Percy!"

I blinked back the tears that were threatening to spill as I looked at her in the corner of my eyes. She had a determined gaze on her face when she nodded slightly to me.

"Annabeth?" Silena, who was standing behind Nico, finally broke the silence between us. I noticed that she didn't even bother to acknowledge my presence.

"Hi, Silena," Annabeth greeted.

"We were about to look for you!" She cried. "Where have you been?"

She lightly elbowed me. "Talking to Percy. Remember? He's your friend, Silena."

Her gaze averted toward me as if she just noticed me. "Oh, hey Percy!" She greeted enthusiastically, but I could tell already that it was fake from the first word of the sentence.

"Hey," I greeted simply. I debated on offering her a smile, but it seemed like too much effort to give het a fake one.

I took a sharp breath as I glanced at Nico. He was staring intently at me as if waiting to see what I was trying to pull for being there.

"Hey, Nico," I hesitantly greeted. I was pretty sure I just died by saying those two words to him.

Nico's eyes finally met mine, and we had a staring contest for what felt like a millennium. I gulped, and it felt like I was slightly shaking under his intense gaze. I was so afraid of saying something wrong in front of him. What if I just screwed Annabeth's plan up while talking to him? I was certain that was a possibility.

"Silena," Annabeth broke the heavy cloud of silence, "can I talk to you?"

Her thin eyebrows rose as she stared back at Annabeth. "O-Okay," she stammered merely from surprise. They went off to the side somewhere to talk about...something, but it was now a minor factor to me when I realized Annabeth purposely did that to leave us alone.

I didn't even have a clue what to say. What was I supposed to say first? Do I just get straight to the point first or should I just try to get him to be comfortable around me? He seemed very tense, and I felt like trying to get him to relax.