Part 3) Chapter Two

I'm going to kill you guys with feels using scenes from The Violin That Started it All as flashbacks and nightmares for Percy in the upcoming chapters. MUAHAHAHAHA.

...

Percy Jackson

Silena was gone, and so was he. I couldn't even take in the fact that he was gone. Gone, and I didn't do anything to stop it. I just looked ahead and watched him go like the idiot I was without even trying to stop him.

Caly placed her hand on my arm, but I moved it away, keeping my gaze on the spot where I last saw him.

"I'm...sorry..." Caly whispered, and it made my blood boil.

"Sorry?!" My head snapped toward her as a furiois glare was directed where she was. She cringed, but I didn't care. She fucking deserved it.

"You insulted him. You glared at him. You mocked him. You wanted him to get away from me and now that he's gone you're fucking sorry?!" I yelled at her, but she didn't do anything. She glanced down at the ground with a pitiful expression on her face. The ground didn't need any pity, and neither did I.

I stormed away, leaving Caly to do whatever she wanted. I didn't care anymore. I wanted Nico back. But, I didn't know where to start.

I knew him well. He was the person I loved the most - I didn't even love my parents as much as I loved him. He was everything to me. But, now he's just gone. Just like that, it was over.

Why was I so stupid? Why did I have to go and let myself go to Caly? After everything, everything she said about Nico, I kiss her? Why did I do that?

I scanned the area in front of me. I knew Nico would purposely pick a place that I wouldn't know where because Nico was smart and I wasn't. So, obviously, Nico knew that the first place I would check was the school field. And unfortunately, he wasn't here.

...

I checked the whole school. Every classroom and every hallway. I would've checked the roof, but i knew that he was afraid of heights, and so was I. He would rather stay underneath the ground then be up high. I would rather be underwater than the sky or the ground.

I didn't care what everyone thought. They could stare at me weirdly, but I wouldn't do anything about it. I knew people considered me as "popular," but from then on, nothing was in my mind except for finding him again. For apologizing my heart out. For telling him how much I love him. For telling him how big of an impact he had on me. For telling him how much I needed him.

My heart was beating fast and my body was shaking as if it were cold. I just wanted to give up, drop onto the ground, and cry until I could no longer produce any tears.

I wasn't this sad over the break-up with Annabeth. But this...this was different. I cheated on him. I could've told him about the kiss and said to him that I didn't mean it at all. But, why didn't I do that? Why? Why did I have to go and screw everything up?

I felt sorrow, regret, guilt, and fear. What would happen once I faced him? Say "sorry?" I already knew he would never forgive me. What was I going to do? I promised him.

I promised him that I would stay with him forever. Why did I break it?

"Percy?"

I stopped in my tracks. I didn't even know where I was or what was happening. Was I still even at school?

I didn't bother turning around; tears were already falling down my cheeks and I didn't want the other person to see.

"Yeah?" I tried to sound as casual as possible, but I could tell I wavered a bit. I rubbed my palm down my face as if I was tired, but I was really just trying to wipe the tears away.

"The bell rang." I could tell the speaker now. It was Jason.

"Isn't your Calculus class the other way?" Jason finished.

"Uh, yeah. Sorry about that." I faked a chuckle, and it fucking hurt to lie to my friend. Was this how Nico always felt when he lied to someone he knew?

I planned to turn around and walk as briskly as possible away from Jason, but a hand caught my shoulder.

"Percy, you seem a bit...off," Jason remarked. "What happened?"

I shook my head, avoiding eye contact at all costs. I hoped my eyes didn't look red.

"Nothing, don't worry." A smile appeared on my face, but I knew it didn't reach my eyes. "The bell rang. Don't you want to get to class before you become late, Golden Boy?"

Jason's firm hands grasped each of my shoulders. "Percy, look at me."

I gritted my teeth, and I could tell Jason noticed. My sight was becoming blurred with tears, and I clenched my fists together so hard that my nails dug painfully into my skin. But, physical pain was better than psychological pain.

"Percy." Jason's voice was dangerously calm.

A tear slipped down onto the ground, but I didn't bother saying anything. I stayed silent, and soon, Jason's grip fell from my shoulders as the bell rang for the end of passing period.

Jason heaved a sigh. "Looks like we're late now. Percy, you better hurry onto class since your class is across the school. I'll...talk to you later, Perce." He patted me on the shoulder and sprinted toward his history classroom.

My eyes finally left the ground as I stared at back at Jason's retreating form that soon disappeared around the corner.

Should I even bother going to class? I asked myself in my mind. I don't want to go. I don't want to go...What's the use of going if I can't see him anymore?

I glanced up at the sky. The sun was shining brightly up in the sky, as if mocking my own feelings. As if trying to tell me that everyone was having a great day but me.

Maybe it wasn't only me. Maybe it was Nico too.