Part 3) Flashback 5

Disclaimer: The idea of Event Twelve belongs to HuntersofArtemis.

More Disclaimers: I don't own Call of Duty. I definitely will be playing it when I get home though.

Even MORE Disclaimers: Okay, like seriously, Skillet makes the perfect songs for this fanfiction. I have another Skillet song in the next chapter too. But, yeah, I don't own the song.

...

Percy Jackson's Nightmares

Night of Friday

From Event Twelve

...

The last thing I remember was falling down a bunch of stairs.

I was now staring up at the sky. The world felt like it was spinning, and I felt a a faint throb around my ankle. Someone was calling my name, but I didn't feel like getting up. I felt so sick. And not in a good way.

I felt the ground underneath me vibrate from some footsteps, and about a minute later, Jason's head appeared in my view.

"Bro, are you okay?!" Jason asked, completely alarmed.

"Uh," I drawled for quite awhile, unsure of what to say next.

Jason sighed heavily in exasperation. "Please tell me you don't have amnesia. Shit... What's my name?"

"Uh... Thalia Grace?"

Jason lightly kicked me in the chest. "You idiot; stop messing with me! I literally thought you hit your head too hard on the ground or something."

I chuckled. "Uh, do you mind telling me what we were doing?"

Jason furrowed his eyebrows. "What are you talking about?"

"I'm serious," I stated with a straight face. "What were we doing? Why am I on the ground?"

"Short-term memory loss, huh?" Jason sighed. "What's the last thing you remember?"

"Falling down some stairs."

Jason rolled his eyes, but a smile graced his lips. Damn, was I clever or what?

"Before that," Jason clarified, and I frowned.

"Playing catch with a football," I replied.

Jason sighed in relief. "So, I guess you didn't forget a lot. That's good."

"Does that mean nothing happened?" I questioned, and he nodded.

"Hopefully." He offered me his hand. "Here, I'll help you up."

I gripped his hand and he pulled me up. I was fine until I put some weight upong my right ankle.

I cried out and my knees buckled. I held onto Jason's shoulder as if it costed my life. It could have now that I think of it.

"Woah, woah, woah!" Jason took a step back to regain his balance while gripping on my waist so tightly I was surprised I didn't lose weight. "Are you okay?!"

I laughed lightly, my grip on Jason loosening. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"We should get you home," Jason advised, and I nodded.

"That sounds like a great idea." I laughed.

He rolled his eyes. "Shouldn't you be in, I don't know, immense pain right now?"

I shrugged. "Guess not?"

"Apparently," Jason huffed. "Come on; I'll help you home."

He swung my arm around his shoulder, and we hobbled awkwardly toward the football to pick it up. Afterwards (when Jason made me, the crippled one, hold the football), he helped me into the passenger seat of his car. When Jason climbed into the driver's seat and turned on the radio, a song that I never actually heard before seemed to stick to me like a mouse in a mouse trap. The lyrics replayed over and over in my mind as if it was supposed to mean something to me: