Part 4) Chapter Thirty

So, I ultimately failed at trying to maintain a writing schedule. Instead, since I'm updating at random times and the wait may be extremely long, I'm trying to work on making my chapters super long again like I used to back in the good old days in the early The Violin That Started it All chapters. Let's see how that works out this time... Maybe the wait for update might actually be worth it now that the chapters are longer. If I have enough inspiration to keep them this long at least.

...

I decided to call Annabeth and ask her where they were taken to by Silena instead of running around in circles because apparently there was more than one fountain at this outdoor mall and I had no idea.

I was sitting on the edge of one of those fountains actually. It was a very long and narrow fountain that sprayed water upward into the air and created rainbows in four different places in the fountain. The water was a magnificent, sky blue color, and it was absolutely clear. I could detect the various coins thrown into the fountain without a problem. I could even tell the difference between a nickel and a quarter in the fountain from where I sat.

However, instead of Annabeth answering her phone, Silena answered in her place.

"Percy!" She exclaimed into the other side of the phone. "Did you ever find your phone yet?"

"Isn't he calling from his own cell phone though?" Annabeth's voice sounded distant in the background.

"Oh yeah." Silena laughed lightly. "Right. Forgot about that."

"Obviously." It was as if I could hear Annabeth rolling her eyes at Silena's antics.

"Is that Percy?" Nico's voice called from somewhere wherever they were. "Tell him to get here and fast! Please, Percy, please."

I furrowed my eyebrows which was kind of weird because no one that I was talking to could see my reaction. "Where are you guys anyway?" I chuckled to myself. "I was actually supposed to ask you that before anything else, but I guess it's too late for that now."

"Just a little bit late." Silena giggled. "Also, to answer your question, we're at the ice cream store! Do you know where it is?"

"We've been here four times already!" Nico yelled from wherever he was suffering on Silena's side of the phone. "I'm so sick of this place! And of ice cream! It's fucking September isn't it too cold for ice cream?"

"It's never too cold for ice cream!" Silena cried in response. "How do you not see the greatness of ice cream?!"

"I probably would have a while ago if we haven't eaten here four times!" Nico retorted.

"But there's no such thing as too much ice cream either! I heard Silena stomping her foot against the ground--probably out of frustration.

"There is now!" Nico yelled back. "Damn it, Silena, if you eat ice cream so much, then how in hell do you stay in shape?"

Silena laughed. "Nico, there's something called exercise."

"What?" Nico asked. "What is this term that you speak of? I have never heard of such a horrifying word.

"Nico, Nico, Nico," Silena chided. "When was the last time you actually ran a mile?"

There was a short silence. I was debating on whether or not I should intervene and ask them where they were instead of listening to their quarrel in one ear while the other ear heard the conversations of all of the shoppers and tourists around me.

Why tourists came to New York in the beginning of September still remained a mystery for me. Then again, there were a lot of interesting and somewhat unique people all around New York.
When I opened my mouth to interrupt their unnecessary fight about the "greatness" of ice cream, Nico interjected.

The Violin That Started it AgainOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara