“In here,” Fallon called as she bolted to her feet.

The warm washcloth draped over her eyes fell into the tub with a splash of the water.

Just as she started to step out, Lucian appeared in the bathroom.

            “What is it?” Fallon asked. “Is something wrong with Marshall?”

            “Marshall’s fine. It’s nothing like that,” Lucian answered.

            Fallon scowled at him. “Then what’s wrong?”

            “I need you to make me a promise,” Lucian said as he seized her by her slick shoulders. “Promise me I’ll never lose you. No matter what happens in this life, I need to know I’ll always have your love and have you in my life.”

            Fallon drew in her breath to ask what was wrong with him and demand an explanation for his moot request, but the expression in his eyes stopped her. The vulnerability on display in his dark eyes betrayed the rough way he spoke.

            “Sinister, I promise you will never lose me,” Fallon said and took his face in her hands. “No matter what happens in this life or the next, you will always have my love and have me in your life.”

            Lucian exhaled. “Thank you,” he whispered and then placed a gentle kiss on her lips.

            Fallon gave him a soft smile. “Now that you’re here, do you want to join me for a hot bubble bath?”

            “I’d love to,” Lucian agreed.

With the snap of his fingers, his clothes vanished from his body. Fallon’s gaze automatically drifted to his cock. Just like always, what she saw gave her a thrilling twinge between her legs. Even flaccid, Lucian was impressive.

            “Thank you,” Lucian said and grinned at her.

            “Thank you,” Fallon repeated.

            Fallon waited for Lucian to get settled in the tub before she moved toward him. Knowing what she was doing, Lucian widened his thighs to allow her to fit between them. As soon as her back was nestled to his chest, Lucian closed his arms around her, resulting in another contented sigh from her. Though she started out wanting to spend a quiet evening alone, she welcomed this intrusion. And as much as she wanted to know what prompted his outburst, she refrained from asking. Lucian would either tell her when he was ready or he would never tell her. Either way, she would accept his decision.

            Lucian rested his head on her shoulder. “I like that about you.”

            “What?” Fallon asked.           

            “You never push me when you shouldn’t,” he explained.

            Fallon laughed. “Only when I should?”

            “I just mean you know how to handle me. You know when to push and when to lay off and let me come to you.”

            “I guess that qualifies as today’s reason I’m the most amazing woman in the world.”

            “See, you’re so amazing I don’t even have to work hard to come up with reasons to explain it.”

            “I’m so amazing you’re going to tell me what’s got you so worried about losing me, and I won’t even have to ask.”