Chapter 23

Dabi's POV

   Y/N never showed up last night, she was probably just tired though. I'd wanted to spend some time with her before I had to leave again, but it is what it is I guess. I'll just go over and give her a quick kiss before I head out.

   I leave my apartment and put the key in the handle of hers, only to find that it was already unlocked. I really thought I'd told her to start locking this shit...

   The place is quiet though. I look through the rooms and it's obvious that she's gone. 'Probably went into work' I think to myself and decide to leave a note saying I'd be back in a couple days and that I promised I wouldn't break my phone this time. I set it under her tv remote on the table in the living room and head to my next town.

...

   I was headed back to the apartment after I was done scouting. I hadn't heard from Y/N the entire 2 days I was gone. She never picked up her phone and all the texts weren't even read. I rationalized that she was just getting payback for last week, but there was a part of me that was getting a little worried.

   I go home and get a quick shower in, my plan was to go next door and surprise her. If she was at work I'd just make myself comfy while I wait for her. After the shower I throw on some sweats and a tank top before pulling a hoodie over my head and walk over.

   Her door was unlocked again, earning a frustrated grumble. This girl was going to get herself into trouble with how careless she is with herself. I walk in and it's just as quiet as the last time, but something seems off. I look around and notice the note I left was still in the same spot, completely undisturbed.

   Just then I hear a loud meow and look over to see the black little furball. He turned around and went into the kitchen before yowling again, so I follow him only to find his food and water bowls completely empty.

   My heart jumped into my throat as I rushed to her room. Her blankets were still a mess, but they were in the exact same position as when I'd left the other day. 'It's like she hasn't been here at all.'

   I take my phone out and press the green button under her contact as I quickly refill her cat's food and water since I knew he must be starving before rushing out the door heading into town.

    I quickly make my way to the little pet shop I knew she'd gotten the job at, the whole time I was met with Y/N's voicemail. I try to calm myself and keep my composure as I put my phone in my pocket and pushed the doors open.

   I was greeted by a cheery little brunette girl. "Hello how can I-" I cut her off. Too impatient to get the answers I needed.

   "Is Y/N  L/N here?" Urgency staining my voice as I looked the girl straight in the eyes.

   "Uh, no. She hasn't come in for a couple days. We figured she'd just gotten sick or something. Although she hasn't called or picked up when we call to check in. Why, is something wrong?" The brunette wore a worried expression as I huffed in frustration.

    I turn around and walk out of the store, taking off in a sprint as soon as I'm passed the threshold. I had a gut feeling and I really didn't want it to be right.

   What the hell are the odds that she was one of the thousands of people in this shitty town to be targeted by someone at the LOV? Oh god, what if something's happened to her? What if I get there and it's too late? What if she's already a fucking nomu?

   I take off towards that stupid bar of theirs, not letting myself slow down even for a moment. My lungs were on fire by the time I got there.

   I swung the door open with such force that it slammed and bounced off the wall beside it, earning looks of surprise from the 5 villains casually sitting around the bar.

   "What the fu-" hands starts, obviously pissed off at the racket.

   "A girl, H/C hair, E/C eyes that look like cat eyes. She's got sharp ass teeth and nails. Did any of you fuck with her." It came out as more of a demand than a question.

   "It must be a cold day in hell, bacon bits almost sounds like he cares about someone. He looks totally pissed!" Twice says from the couch.

   "Answer the fucking question, did one of y'all take her?" I growl out, pissed off at the fact that I'm being fucking ignored. I could feel my body starting to heat up. If I didn't either calm down or let off some steam, this whole place was going to burn, me along with it. Still no answer, they all just sat there and stared, almost dumbfounded.

   I aim my hand at the table in front of me and release a blast of blue flames, setting the piece of furniture on fire as I feel some of the heat in my body ease up. Everyone looks at me in shock.

   "Mr. Dabi, there's no need to destroy the place" mistman states.

   "Then somebody better fucking answer me!" I shout as blue flames flicker in and out of existence across my hands.

   "So what if she was" I look over to the raspy blue haired man, clawing at his neck.

   "Yeah she was fun to play with!" Said the little psycho girl sitting beside handy man at the bar.

   The blue flames burts and wrap around my arms at Togas words, my eyes widen with rage. I'm going to kill them all.

   "Hold on a minute Dabi, no harm has come to the girl. The Master has requested her presence. I'm sure she'll be back shortly" says the walking cloud of black mist.

   My flames snuff themselves out as my brows furrow in confusion. "Why the hell would he want to see her?!"

   "She's got a rather powerful quirk, poor Toga almost completely lost her mind when she hit her with it. it was quite astonishing when she explained what happened." Kurogiri says. "I'm assuming you know this girl?"

   Fuck. "That doesn't matter, just know that if she gets hurt I'll fry you all" I threaten, taking a seat across the room from the bunch.

   Hands rolls his eyes as the hand scratching his neck drops to his side. "Stop worrying you freak. She's fine." He rasps in frustration.

   "Yeah! She's my new bestie!" The little psycho says, a little too excitedly for my comfort.

'Wait... she's fine? They're friends?'