Chapter 6

6

Sariyah

It's been about two weeks and I still haven't got any answers on what the hell is going on. Someone breaking into Legend's business and stealing the tapes just didn't sit right with me. Although I was worried about Zander popping up on me, I just couldn't live in fear. I had to get back to chasing my bag. I really hate how shit has played out between me and him because I genuinely loved that man, but fuck him. You don't get to put your hands on me and think that it's okay. I wasted time waiting on him because he was locked up. I'm never doing that again with any man.

Legend tapped me, "Yo, you good?"

I blinked my eyes a few times. "Yes, just got a lot on my mind."

"I can tell, we can finish this another time if you need to."

I shook my head. "No, your event is in two weeks and I need to get everything worked out."

I looked around the space where his event would be held and took notes on my iPad. I had big plans for it. This is something that I really love to do, it's just been hard lately because I've been feeling really evil vibes around me.

"I know you gonna have this place looking nice, but maybe getting out would help."

I looked up from my iPad. "What are you talking about?"

"My grand opening is tonight, you should come through."

"Grand opening for what?" I questioned.

"My nightclub, The Lion's Den."

"I don't think that would be appropriate. We're business partners, not anything else."

He laughed. "I think you should bring your people by and take the night off. Everything on me and I'll reserve a VIP section for you."

He's very charming. I stared at him trying to figure out what his intentions were because I wasn't sure. He's fine as hell, but he's such a smooth talker and that worries the hell out of me. I don't need to be getting involved with him.

"I'll think about it." I finally said.

"I'll take that. If you decide to come, just give them your name at the door and they'll take care of you from there."

I couldn't help but smile. "That's good to know, I guess."

"I look forward to seeing you tonight."

"Whatever, don't count on it." I said to him.

He just laughed, not saying much else. He looked so good standing in front of me with this suit on. A man in a suit is everything to me. He knows how to switch it up which is even better. I shook him from my thoughts.

"So, I need to head back to the office and finalize some things. I'll see you later." I said.

He nodded. "Cool, see you later."

I left and instantly got consumed in so much other work that I had going on. I ran so many businesses that sometimes it was overwhelming. I really needed an assistant, but I just find it hard to really trust people. If the streets didn't teach me anything else, it taught me not to trust a soul. I hate thinking like that, but usually when I get weird vibes from somebody, I'm usually right about them.