Chapter 2

~2~

Sariyah

This Miami heat is no joke, but I love it. I had so much shit going on and it was kinda overwhelming, but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle. I graduated from college and opened up more business because I've never been the type to work for someone else.

I'm an event coordinator, I own a clothing boutique with my own makeup line. I'm a makeup artist in my spare time plus I also have that nail shop that I started with. It's always important to have multiple incomes to me so that I never have to depend on anyone but me. I'm well known out here in the Miami streets.

Currently, I was working on a small event for young women in the community. I love event planning, it's truly one of my many passions.

"Ms. Hayes, you have a client here to see you." My assistant, Heather, called into my office.

"Cool, send whomever in." I told her.

I typed in some information on my Mac desktop computer before a young male walked into my office.

He was dressed in a nice tailored suit with a low hair cut with small curls.

"Good afternoon Ms. Hayes." He said approaching me.

I stood. "Good afternoon." We shook hands.

He smiled. "I'm Legend James." Damn, he has some deep ass dimples when he smiles.

"Nice meeting you, Mr. James. What can I do for you?" I questioned.

"I heard you're the coldest in the game when it comes to event planning and I need some help. I'm wanting to plan a pretty large event in about a month along with an reception after party." He said.

"Okay, what do you mean by large? Do you have a possible headcount?"

"Yes ma'am, I'm looking at about 850 people. Now there will be a significantly smaller number at the reception event so maybe only about 100-150."

I sat back in my chair. "You expect me to do that in a month?"

He chuckled. "Damn, isn't this what you do? Is it too much for you? My money good."

I smirked. "I don't back down from a challenge Mr. James. I can handle it. Just get with me on the details and we can go from there. Next time, you will have to give me more time. This is considered last minute and that's something that I don't do."

"Shit, they didn't tell me that you were about your business like this. I appreciate you for helping me out on such a short notice. I promise to throw something extra your way." Legend said.

"You should probably get to know me before assuming things or listening to other people. I work with my clients and make sure they are happy." I told him.

I seriously do not like for people to make assumptions about me who have never taken the time to get to know me, although I know he probably wasn't serious.

"Let me take you out so we can fix this problem. Let me form my own opinion about you." He grinned.

He's cute, but no. I'm taken.

"I'm sure you would enjoy that, but I don't mix business with personal and I also have a man who I'm happy with." I told him.

Legend stared at me for a moment. "I apologize. I wasn't trying to disrespect you or anything."

"It's okay. If it pertains to your events, then don't hesitate to reach out to me. I'm excited about doing this. I need the details as soon as possible though." I informed him.