Chapter 9

9

Zander

It's time to start making moves that's gonna get me where I need to be. I'm not letting shit go. They killed my nigga Trell and I wouldn't be me if I didn't let these niggas know that I'm not to be fucked with. Legend trying to take my bitch from me and these streets. I fucking made Miami and I'll be damned if I let some new nigga think he running shit.

It's time to take back what's mine, by any means.

Sariyah

I've been at Legend's place for 2 days now and he has laid out the red carpet for me. He's such a good man. I felt like it was a good time to bring up everything that I've been noticing. I didn't want to put too much on Legend because he claimed that the federal government is out to get him and Reign.

"Yo, you good?" Legend asked as we sat on his couch.

"Yes, I just have something that I want to share with you."

"What's up?"

"I started seeing a therapist yesterday and I just feel like I need to tell you things. I don't want anything weighing on me and I feel like I can really talk to you."

"You can always come talk to me. I'm proud of you for making that step."

"Yeah...so, um that girl that approached us at your event. I think you called her Deslyn?" I looked at him.

He sighed. "Yeah, what about her?"

"I saw her with my ex, Zander. Not only that, she got my number and has been telling me to stay away from you, because you belong to her." I explained.

"You saw her with Zander?" He asked.

I nodded. "Yes, I think they may have something going on."

He sat there like he was in deep thought. "I gotta go handle this situation before anything happens. Anything else you want to tell me?"

"No, just that. I felt like you probably needed to know."

"Yeah, I 'preciate it baby girl. I need to go make some moves, if you need anything, just hit me. I put a key on your keyring to get in and out of the house. Come and go as you please. We'll talk later." Legend said standing.

He's such a sweetheart.

"Thank you. I have to go have lunch with my friend, so I'm going to leave out behind you." I said.

"Cool, just pay attention to your surroundings. I can put eyes on you, if you think it might make you more comfortable."

I stood up in front of him. "No, thank you. I'm a big girl. I'll call you if I need you."

He grinned. "Ight, I'll see you later."

I watched as he left then went back to my guest room to finish getting ready. Zurienne and I are having lunch today. I just need to catch up with her. I'm so glad to have great friends.

*

Zurienne and I got to the restaurant and she was glowing. I don't know what's got into her, but she just seems so happy.

"What's going on with you?" I asked.