Chapter 8

8

Sariyah

My life continues to get crazier by the day. It seems like it's always something new. I've honestly been so tired this past week after the shooting that I haven't done much. Legend and I were going out tonight, I guess you could call it a date. I don't know. I'm really not sure how to feel about him just yet. I don't want to get attached to him and then shit goes left.

I finished fixing myself up then glanced in the mirror at my reflection and I looked good. I'm a dress kinda woman, so I'll wear them everyday if I could. I wanted to look sexy, but classy so I went with a classic black dress. It definitely hugged every curve on me and I liked that.

I gathered my things and turned the lights off in my crib then headed to the door. Legend offered to come pick me up but I insisted on driving in case I needed to leave for whatever reason.

Just as I opened the door, my entire soul left my body. I completely froze in place staring at Zander. I have no idea how he found out about this new place of mine, but it made me extremely uncomfortable. I instantly started getting that feeling again. My heart began pounding and all of a sudden, I couldn't really catch my breath.

"You look nice. Where you headed tonight?" Zander spoke.

I swear I couldn't even talk and he noticed how frightened I was, so he continued.

"Let me find out you out here fucking on lame ass niggas, it's gonna be a problem. You wouldn't have any of the shit you got now without me. I made you." He said.

I just wanted him to leave. His energy really didn't sit right with my spirit. I never knew he would have changed so much since being release from prison. I held him down for years and he get out and treats me like this.

"Please...go." I managed to mumble.

"You think shit gonna be good since you left me? You might wanna start looking into your relationships with the people around you, especially your friends. Them hoes can't be trusted either. But what do I know?" Zander smirked.

What the hell does that even mean?

My phone began ringing and the ringtone let me know that it was Legend, probably trying to find out where I was.

"I'll let you go for now. If I can't have you, nobody can. That nigga will be the death of you, I promise you." He said before walking off.

I closed my eyes just trying to catch my breath and focus on trying not to lose it at the moment. I definitely don't want to come back here now that he knows where I live again. I'm not even sure I'll be able to run away from him.

Once he was out of my sight, I locked my place up and left in a hurry. He literally makes me so uncomfortable now. I can't believe I use to be so in love with him. He's definitely a different person.

The entire drive to the restaurant was completely filled with me trying to understand what the hell just happened. He literally threatened me. I just don't understand, I really don't. Then he talked about my friends. I've never been given a reason to not trust them, so either he's playing games with me trying to get in my head or he knows something that I don't. It's just too much to try to process right now.

I arrived to the restaurant and Legend met me outside. He seemed really concerned about me because I didn't answer his call nor call him back.

"What's up with you?" Legend asked grabbing my hand and leading me inside.