Chapter 7

7

Legend

I had some things to take care of before my big event tonight, but the energy surrounding me just didn't feel right. I couldn't put my finger on what the hell was making me feel this way. I tried shaking the feeling off for the time being.

Ms. Hayes finally finished with my event that I proposed to her a few weeks ago. I don't know how, but she was able to pull it off in a short amount time. It impressed me.

"You don't listen to anything I say, do you?"

I sat my phone down and looked at Deslyn. I been kicking it with her for a minute now, but I don't want to be with her. It was a mutual understanding that we were never going to be a couple. I don't want that with her. I fuck on her from time to time, but lately she been riding me a lot about small shit. It's getting old.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

She sighed. "I've been talking to you for the last five minutes and you weren't listening."

"My mind on some other shit. I got a lot going on tonight, you know that. I'm about to close a multi-million dollar deal, I can't be thinking about small shit."

"So I guess I'm not important anymore? Is that what you are saying?" She started raising her voice.

"I'm not about to go there with you Deslyn. Those words never came out of my mouth. You know I don't do that arguing shit." I told her.

I stood to leave the room.

She hurried over to me, placing her hand on my chest. "Stop Legend. I just want you to listen to me sometimes. It feels like I'm losing you and I don't like that. You still haven't told me why you were out so late the night of your last opening. It feels like there are secrets between us."

"We talked about this shit already Des, what else is there to talk about? I run multiple businesses, so sometimes I'm out late. That's just what it is. You not my girl anyway, so I don't understand why you are so concerned all of a sudden?"

I don't argue with nobody. You not gonna take me out of character because you don't know how to control your emotions and have an adult conversation. She tends to lose her mind and want to fight. I don't do that. If I don't know how to do anything else, I know how to keep a cool head. We grown. I've always been upfront with her.

"Oh wow. Do you even want me to come to the event tonight? You're being an asshole right now." Deslyn said.

"Honestly, I'm okay with whatever you feel comfortable doing."

She looked at me crazy. "What the hell? Give me an answer!"

"Reign is downstairs waiting for me. Lock up the place on your way out." I simply said leaving out of the room.

I made sure my suit looked good before heading out to the car with Reign.

I really didn't have time to be dealing with her shit right now. Even though she was at one of my condos, I wasn't tripping. It was one that I brought most females to that I didn't see myself getting anywhere with. She doesn't know that, but she wanted to feel special, so she's been staying there. I don't take females to my home. Only two people know where I lay my head, that's my mom and Reign.

"What the fuck you over there thinking about?" Reign asked.

"Bro, Des is in there fucking tripping. Lately, I haven't been wanting to be around her." I said.