CHAPTER 20 - Jack POV

The exuberance she emitted was lighting. In that moment i knew she was for me. The contrast between her red fiery hair and her cool calm face made her that more appealing to the eye. Her face was firm, confident and smug. Her eyes pale blue- grey in colour. She was utterly breathtaking as she layed on my lap. She continued to read her book as i caressed her hair. A cool breeze brushed through as we sat in the garden swinging back and forth on the swing.

Although my face looked calm my mind was lost in thoughts. High in panic. I couldn't help it but felt threatened, afraid, like im losing her.

Why are you leaving me. There are so many universities in the country,why go to France. Why not somewhere i could see you everyday. I know all those French man will be fighting for your attention and it pains me that i won't be in a proximity where i could hook my arms around your waist to show them that you're mine.

What will happen when you meet somebody better than me? One that won't cause you so much stress. Who will love me apart from you? ...............

********end of flashback******

Every corner of this house held a memory about her. I have had to tolerate it for over one week now because my mom doesn't want me to leave. News got to her that i was with girl in bed. Damn you Beth and your disloyalty. No matter how hard i try to convince her that i was only with a friend, she doesn't want to hear it. So im locked in here. I return to my room hoping to escape this memories that have haunted me for all this days i have been here.

*******flashback******

I watched as she slept beside me. I have developed a creepy habit of watching her while she is sleeping. So gorgeous and mine. So perfect, if only i could show her off to the world.

"I want to be successful on my own Jack" is all i hear everyday.

"Jack if they know im dating you, all my achievements will be credited to you. Media will say im successful only because YOU are my boyfriend. I don't want that, i want a name for myself , by myself."

Apparently im blocking her success.

Apparently im selfish and only think about myself and my career.

Apparently i am a chauvinistic bastard and i want to tie her down.

What if she meets a man who gives her undivided attention in Paris? One that did not challenge her stubbornness everytime. After all i have done to her she wont think twice before leaving me. I can't let that happen.

The knock on my door alerts me that the breakfast i asked them to prepare is here. My mom's servants are reliable afterall. They place the tray on the table and leave. My plan is set.

I kiss her all over her face until her eyes fluttered open followed by a smile.

"Morning " she says sweetly with her raspy morning voice.

"Morning "

"What's all that?" She asks after noticing the food on the table.

"Our breakfast ."

"Mmmh Mr Romantic " she says placing a peck on my cheek. "Let me freshen up, give me a sec " she says and leaves the room.

Jack breath this will work out. Why are you nervous, you are Jack Bolten. Today you make her yours.

While we are busy eating quietly enjoying the serenity, i could feel the awkwardness that lurked in the silence. Its been hard trying to patch up the distance that has continued to grow between us.