Chapter 8 - Rosy pov

" Are you stalking me Mr Bolten?" I ask while approaching the table where he is sitting.
" I wanted to ask you the same thing Ms Stenfield, have a sit" he says while smiling and those million dollar dimples appear.
" I won't be long I have classes to attend to" I say while sitting.
" I honestly think you are trying to avoid me for some reason but look, the universe spirits brought you to me" he says. What the hell are universe spirits? What is he talking about?

We talk about this and that when finally a waitress brings a plate filled with a huge burger and a mountain of fries followed by a jug sized glass of what looks like chocolate milkshake. One would think he eats a lot of salads and dry chicken breasts in order to maintain that hot body but he ordered a burger so large I think it could feed ten adult men.

" Is that all for you alone?" I ask shocked.
" Yeah, would you like to share with me?" He asks nicely pulling his chair forward.
" No thanks . It's just that, that burger is huge."
" Don't judge me Roe. When a man has got to eat , he has to eat. I am super hungry and this cheese burger is my weakness. When you add the chocolate milkshake and fries gosh I'm in heaven." He says and make a growl sound at the back of his throat and digs into his massive burger. He is not even pretty about it, he attacks it can caveman style. I just sit  and watch , shocked. Some guys can eat.

After a few more bites and a gulp of his milkshake, he finally decides to talk.
" You look beautiful, hottie" he says and winks.
"Oh thanks for finally noticing." I smile and cross my legs trying by all means to look powerful, confident and most importantly unaffected. Inside I am happy he noticed.

I hate how he sparks my confidence and insecurities at the same time. He takes my thoughts on the dirtiest joy rides especially when he looks at me like THAT. I can't get rid of the fact that he is giving me so much attention. No guy has cared to looks at me twice, well that's not completely true but it is what it is. I don't want to overthink things. I have been trying to avoid him because I have DISCOVERED that I have a crush on him again and, school work and Jack Bolten don't mix. One minute I will be searching about The Great Depression or Calculus or whatever and then suddenly I find my screen full of Jack Bolten pictures. How? I don't know.

" Well to make you feel better, you took my attention from the very moment I laid my eyes on yah" he says starring at me and I roll my eyes. " So what are you doing here all dressed up?" he asks while continuing to eat.
" I came to meet Rob, the owner of the restaurant" does that sound wrong somehow?
"Oooh is he your boyfriend, is that why you are all dressed up" he says while wiggling his eyebrows.
" What !? No! First of all i I'm not dressing up because came to see a guy. I dress up when I feel like it. Anyways I came here for an interview, I'm going to be working here as a waitress." I say .
" So what you are saying is you are going to be working here?"  He asks
" That's exactly what I said "  I say tilting my head , was he listening at all?
" Would you look at that, my luck just keep getting better" he says excitedly and I'm, I'm confused what has that got to do with me working here? " I eat here regularly which means we're gonna see each other a lot, no more running and hiding. Hmm they are going to be seeing me a lot more around here." He says and grins, for some reason i am not excited at all for this. The fact that he is acting like I'm his bff is wierd. I don't get him.
" I don't know if I should be flattered or creeped out . I feel stalked." I say and he just laughs and continues eating. We talk more about life in general. It turns out we have a lot in common, he is not as wild as I thought he would be. He is so calm and well spoken  nothing dirty or disrespectful. 

" Well Mr Bolten finish the hell up already , you need to drive me to school"  I say and sit back
" I never said I will drive you to school Roe " he says

" You are the one who wasted my time   you might as well help me to save my money by driving me back"

"Is that so ?" He says