CHAPTER 12 - Rosy pov

** don't forget to check the pic ☝**

"You just finished writing your pre-winter exams. You need to loosen up Roe. Have fun a little. I miss hanging out with you. " Jack begs into the phone after days if not weeks of just being awkward.
"You can't just ghost me for days and expect me to jump into your arms and follow you where-ever you want Jack. It's not happening ." I say
"I'm pouting right now and I'm also on my knees too." He persists. He has been going on and on about this trip to Canta since the beginning of this phone call.

"Come on Jack, I don't do parties. I told you. Another thing is, I still have to work."

"I told you it's not a party. It's just a few days of a friends' get together. I really want you to be there." He asks and I pause and think for a while. A three day trip wouldn't be so bad. After all , I just finished writing the most gruelling exams the world has ever seen.
"How many people will be there?" I ask
"Roughly about 7-8 people including me." He says excitedly.
"Okay, I will come on one condition. I will have to bring a friend or two. I can't stay in a house of almost ten people I probably don't know." I say confidently. If he truly wants me to be there , he will have to abide by my rules.
"Okay that's fine. Dont bring more than two friends. I will provide the transport so don't worry about that." He says happily. I can hear it through the sound of his voice.

"Okay that's cool. So where exactly is this place. Which part of Canta?"

"Its a cabin near Lake Monisa. We go there every year and just hang out."

"Why winter when it's cold? Why don't you go there in summer when you can swim and do other fun stuff?"

"Don't you know? Winter is the best time to hook up and cuddle." He says with that cockiness in his voice. I roll my eyes duh.

"I hope I won't regret my decision of coming along with you." I say foolishly smiling.

"I have a feeling you are going to enjoy this trip. I also have a feeling I'm going to enjoy it too." He says. I know he said that smiling.

"You are freaking me out ,what exactly do you do there?"

"A lot of fun activities that you are going to love." He answers. I guess I have to wait to find out.

"O-kay soooo when are you coming back from your business trip?" He has been gone forever. I'm embarrassed to say this but I kind of miss him. Aaargh you disgust me Rosy Stenfield .

"Someone is missing me." He asks , im sure he is smiling right now. Dont rub it in Jack.

"Just answer doofus."

"I'm coming back in a week." He says.

He has been travelling a lot lately and doesn't call as frequent as before . What I love is that he does all he can to call whenever he can . He is always there when you need somebody to talk to. Our friendship has been growing from strength to strength. Before he left for this business trip, he invited us to hang out at his house with Becka and her boyfriend Hayden and Mikey. The surprise of the story is.............. Drum rolls please ......... Natalie was there. Yes my dear beloved roomie was there. Turns out she managed to somehow become friends with Mikey. This girl will never seize to amaze me. Anyways another surprise, I never got the confidence to ask Jack who those girls at the restaurant were. Trust me it bothered me like crazy. I hated myself for feeling that way but I got over it. I felt it was not my place to question him about his acquaintances. I don't want to pry into his personal life. If he wanted me to know, he would have told me. I don't want to risk our friendship.
I also visited my mom and sister last week for two days just after I finished my exams. So yeah life has been going on.