JACK POV - CHAPTER 25

If i didn't know better I would think I had bad luck , but this is not a result of bad luck , it is a result of my pure foolishness. And to proof just how cowardly I am, instead of facing the music my mind was thinking of ways to get out of this unforeseen circumstance.

Why is she here? Why today of all days?

I got so lost in thoughts that im only brought back to reality by arms encircling around me.

"Oh my gosh I've missed you so much you can't even begin to imagine."

What I didn't expect  is my response. I hug her back and take a whiff of that familiar scent of her fiery red hair. She felt like home to me, familiar. I was out of words I didn't know what to even say at that very moment.

"Oh my dear Jennifer." My mom say and that's when we release from out embrace then she turns and faces my mom.

"Surprise!" She says and hugs my mom.

"Daughter inlaw i didn't know you were back in the country" my dad says with a wide smile and hugs her too.

"I went straight to the airport after finishing my exams. I arrived last night but I wanted to surprise you all . I wouldn't have missed this party for anything in the world" She says as she moved closer to me.

"Thank you for being here. I'm so happy, your presence has made this party more pleasant for Edna" my dad says whilst kissing my mom on the cheek. I almost regurgitate thinking where those lips have been.

"Of course my party is a million times more pleasant with her here but love I think we should give Jenny and Jack a moment together. They've been apart for so long." My mom says with a cheeky smile on her face whilst pulling my dad away and they got lost into the rest of the crowd.

As soon as they got swallowed by the crowd Jenny pulls me down and sears her lips on mine. I kiss her back . After a moment I pull back and stare at her for a while. After I look around for Rosy.  I could've sworn I saw her standing with Mikey when I entered the hall. Where did she go? Did she see what I just did?

"Jack?" I look back at Jenny 

"What's wrong, is anything the matter?" She asks

"No , nothing is wrong.  I I I..."

"Aren't you happy to see me?"

"What are you saying? Of course I'm happy to see you." I answer genuinely and kiss her again.  I love her,so of course I've missed her but but but ......

My life is going to fall apart today I could feel it in my blood. This is not how I thought this would end. I never wanted anyone to get hurt. All I wanted was company in her absence, a friend. I honestly never thought I'd be in this emotional entanglement with Rosy. I was so very sure of my Love for Jenny , I thought nothing could infiltrate it. Why then was I attracted to Rosy, why did I flirt with her mercilessly , why did I kiss her, and why did I........... And why did , Oh my goodness why did I............

"Oh my goodness Jack are you sure you're alright.  You've  gone pale." She frantically asks. I swallow the lump that had been growing in my throat. I shake it away.

I pretended the entire party. I did not want to ruin this for my mother.  Internally I wanted to run away and hide until all of this is over. Well if this was a bad dream, hell I am ready to wake up now. Jenny stuck by my side the whole night preventing me from going to find Rosy, I last saw her when I entered the building. I desperately needed to talk to her. I had to explain myself, she just had to understand.

After the party had gone on for a few hours, Jenny finally excuses herself to go to the rest room.  As soon as she leaves I immediately start my search for Rosy.
Unfortunately the furthest I was able to go was find a half drunk Mikey at the bar talking to some girls.