o7

The day is drawing near where I have to leave and go back to school

The day is drawing near where I have to leave and go back to school. I told myself that getting an apartment near campus was going to help me. It was going to help me find my independence, but now with the time approaching I'm starting to get nervous and second guess my decision.

As much as it will be nice to have my own space where I can party, or not have anyone bothering me when I have to study. I sure as hell am going to miss the temper tantrums, the giggles, and having my dad and Trish bugging me about my every move. It's going to be weird to be my own person.

The girl from the party has still been haunting my memories, it's been a full month almost and I keep replaying the situation in my head. My curiosity has been getting the best of me. I just want to know if she's alright.

Against my better judgement, I pull out my phone and send a text over to Isaac.

Hey man. How are you? Idk why I'm asking now but what happened at the party last month? Is that girl okay? And sorry for causing a scene by tackling the guy...

I type it out, erase it, type it again and finally press send. It's not weird of me to ask, is it?

I sit around second guessing myself for a few more minutes before I get up and finish gathering some of my last-minute essentials. Classes starts in a week and I still have to move everything into my new apartment, I blow out a sigh at the thought of all the work that has to go into moving.

An hour or so passes before I hear Collin's beater pulling up the driveway. I look out the window and he has our other roommate and best friend Jace with him. "Oh this will be fun." I say to myself before taking the stairs two at a time to meet them at the door.

"Hey man, what's up?" Collin says and makes a beeline for the kitchen, not even waiting for my response. It's always the first place he stops when he comes over. He snags a cookie off the counter, freshly baked thanks to Trish- before helping himself to the fridge. He turns around with the gallon of milk and a string cheese hanging out of his mouth.

Jace and I just stand there staring at him.

"What?" He says mouth full of string cheese. "If we're going to be moving I need all the energy I can possibly consume." He pours himself a glass of milk and leans against the counter. "How much shit of yours do we have to haul out of here?"

I roll my eyes, tucking my hands into the front pockets of my jeans. "I don't know man, maybe ten boxes? I didn't sit there and count them."

"Ugh." He groans. "Well let's get this shit show on the road, ladies!" He says after taking a gulp of milk and walking past us and up the stairs.

"The balls on this kid, I swear he might get himself or us killed at school this year." Jace laughs and shoves my shoulder as we both run up after Collin.

"So, where's the gremlins at on this fine day?" Collin asks as he observes the corner of boxes.

"My SISTERS and parents are out for the day. The girls were upset that I was leaving so Dad and Trish decided to take them all out to the park and for ice cream."