o6

"Yo, man

"Yo, man. Are you down to go to a party later?" Collin Kentwood, one of my close friends and teammates says over the other end of the line. "It's up in my neck of the woods, but it will be fun. I promise. It's a graduation party. Lots of hot chicks Tanner, LOTS. OF. HOT. CHICKS." He drew out the last four words slowly, adding emphasis on each word.

I can't help but to laugh. I've known Collin now for almost two years, since freshman year at U of A. Collin is your typical fuck boy. All he cares about is lacrosse and pussy.

"Do you ever listen to yourself when you speak?" I let out another laugh. "You're such a dog, man!" I add before looking around my bedroom. Most of my stuff was packed. There's about ten cardboard boxes strewn around my room, the contents of my entire life jammed inside.

"Sure, I'll go." I say with a small sigh. Just then the realization hit me that maybe I'm a little too old for high school parties. I was nearing 21 now, and it doesn't look good for a 21-year-old man to be looming around a bunch of high school girls- graduates or not, but I can never say no to him. I feel obligated to always keep my eye on Collin, so he doesn't get himself into trouble.

"Awesome." Collin says, clapping his hands. The smack of skin together echoing over the speaker. "Oh and invite Alicia. She'll keep you company while I'm running around chasing tail." I roll my eyes again, one day my eyes are going to get stuck in the back of my head because of this prick.

Collin has the biggest crush on Alicia, and always insists she hang out with us. It doesn't bother me much, since Alicia is way out of his league. Colin is about 5'6 and a little quirky, but he has a good heart. Something I can for sure appreciate. The facts didn't stop him from trying though. Collin likes to get drunk and flirt with Alicia right in front of my face. At first it used to infuriate me, and then I saw the way Alicia looked at him- like he was a toddler pulling at her coattail asking for attention.

Alicia and I started dating two years ago. We met at a party on campus. It was my first college party. Colin and I were both dressed as zombies, both of us are HUGE horror fans. One of Colin's older sister Oliva's friends is a special FX makeup artist and agreed to do our makeup.

"We look badass!" Collin said as he examined his finished costume in the mirror. "We'll be the talk of the party." I just rolled my eyes and let Colin think whatever he wanted. I don't think zombies scream sexy to women. Especially more mature college women.

Upon arriving at the party, there were people spilling out of every entrance.

"Jesus there are a lot of people." I yelled over to Collin. We pushed our way through the crowd and to the kitchen where all the booze was laid out along the counter tops. There were so many bottles out, some people carrying a bottle instead of a cup.

I grabbed a bottle of Southern Comfort, pouring some into a plastic shot glass and then tilt my head back and let the shot burn its way down my throat. I nearly gag, it's way sweeter than I ever remembered it being, but it did the trick.