12

My phone stars vibrating against my bedside table, causing me to stir in my sleep

My phone stars vibrating against my bedside table, causing me to stir in my sleep. The noise continues until I'm awake. I groan and snatch my phone, swiping the screen before holding it to my ear.

"Hello?" I say and can instantly hear the annoyance laced in my voice. I pull the phone away from my ear momentarily to check the time. It's one a.m. I'm just about to flip at the person on the other end of the line when I hear them speak up.

"Tanner?" I instantly  recognize the voice as Isaac's.

I sit up in bed. "Hey man, what's up?" I ask, raking a hand through my hair-messing it up even more than it already was.

"So," He pauses and I can hear the hesitation in his voice. "So, I was just wondering- we're going to be heading to campus first thing in the morning.. I was just wondering if you could meet us there and maybe lend a hand. I figured it would also be a good time to introduce the two of you."

I take in what he's saying and nod my head as if he can see me. "Of course, man. I'd love to help!" Just at the thought my heart flutters in my chest with the prospect of finally getting to meet her.

 I'd love to help!" Just at the thought my heart flutters in my chest with the prospect of finally getting to meet her

My alarm stars blaring at seven a.m. This morning when I talked to Isaac he told me they'd be arriving to campus around nine a.m.

I lay in bed for another fifteen minutes or so until I finally decide to get my ass up. I make my way to the bathroom that the three of us share. I can hear one of the guys snoring loudly, causing me to roll my eyes. I shut the bathroom door behind me and turn on the shower.

By the time I'm finished showering and getting ready, it's quarter after eight. Campus is only a fifteen minute or so walk.

I still have a few minutes to spare so I head downstairs and start brewing a pot of coffee. It's almost as if the smell summons him, because Jace saunters into the kitchen as soon as the coffee finishes dripping.

"That smells so damn good!" He practically growls.

I grab two mugs out of the cabinet, filling them both. I hand him his mug before fixing mine with some cream and sugar.