Part 43-Pathways.

Start from the beginning

"I suppose the meeting is still a go?" Fai enquired.

"Ahh-yes, hopefully the numbers we worked out please you" he smiled.

"Hopefully they do" he responded, and it was only then that Malcolm noticed the presence of Maldives standing beside him. "I see you've met my PA, hope you're not so mad at us for stealing your employee and—"

"Wait—your what???" Fai queried, his brows knitting into a confused tightness.

"My PA, personal assistant..."

"I know what 'PA' means Richards, what I don't seem to understand is...never mind" he waved him off, doing his best to control his building annoyance as he resorted to consoling himself with the fact that she was after all going to turn in her resignation by the end of the day, so there was just no need to grace him with his frustrations.

"You and I, we're going to have a long talk after this" he seethed in Maldives ears before turning back to walk away.

He paused in his steps, and shot Malcolm a raised brow. "I don't happen to know the way to your office Richards" he stated sternly, and Malcolm raised a knowing finger at him.

"Right..." he nodded as he joined him in his strides while the two strolled off, with Fai towering slightly above him. Mid-way through their steps, he turned back to offer her—or himself—one quick glance, but it was only then Maldives really noticed the full intensity of his unimpressed glare.

"That's weird..."she heard herself say out loud, as she wondered what the source of his grumpiness could be.

But then again, he is always grumpy...

But I don't know...certainly I can't be the only one who smells the bad blood between them...

"Oh my God!!!" She heard a voice chirper from behind her. Oh Lord, not again...

"I can't believe it! Like I actually can't believe it!" Another one chipped in.

"Yeah, me too..."Maldives smiled, before squeezing her way out of the now-growing crowd and rolling her eyes at them. Thirsty bitches! She cussed as she made her way to her office.

~~~~~

"I must say Regan, it's definitely been  quite a long—"

"What-have-you-done-Richards???" Fai cut him off as he questioned him through gritted teeth.

The two were currently situated in Malcolm's office, with Fai doing his best not to lash out his anger and worries on his host, even though he was failing miserably at it.

"What? What are you talking about?" Malcolm asked, and Fai swallowed. Heaven, I do not wanna be a murderer...not today...

"Don't act coy with me Malcolm, you know what I'm talking about"

"What—I don't—oh...I see now..." he smirked when it dawned on him what—or rather, who he had been referring to.

"Chill out man, I did not steal your plaything, she's the one who—"

"She's not my plaything!" he growled.

"Yeah right. C'mon man, let's not act like we don't know how things go in our line of work, we both know—"

"We both know nothing!
And don't you dare ever compare yourself with me, I am nothing like you!" he thundered, his voice echoing his annoyance.

How dare he?!

How fucking dare he?!

Insinuate that they were both alike?!

Unbelievable!