8| to the death

BY THE END OF TODAY, CHAOS WOULD ENSUE

BY THE END OF TODAY, CHAOS WOULD ENSUE. It would be a battle they'd been anticipating, resulting in the fall of an alpha. Violet knew faintly what they were planning, although she didn't know where she stood, and whether or not she should stick to the original plan of swindling Scott McCall and his friends. By the end of the day, everything would change.

      But for now, all Violet could think about was the darach. She has met a creature of such before, a rarity nowadays, it was the very creature that turned her with the help of the alpha pack. If there was another dark oak in the making, it could be her ruination.

      "I don't understand what i'm supposed to do."

"You don't do anything." Reid explained as he turned on the car's engine and drove. "They're going after us now. They know we're staying at the same buildings as the Argent's, like we planned."

Violet shook her head, still confused. "And they're coming after us? Derek's pack?"

"Precisely." He took a sharp turn to the left, wandering around the empty roads. It was past midnight, and Violet was not in the mood for another supernatural conundrum, but she guessed she had no choice. "Scott is meeting Deucalion at the abandoned building to talk, come to a truce, but he doesn't know that Derek's pack followed him; and they're not exactly looking for a truce."

She nodded slowly. "But shouldn't we leave Scott out of this? If he didn't know Derek's pack followed him here?"

He parked in front of the abandoned mall, turning to him with a scoff. "Don't tell me you actually care about him now, princess."

"I don't." She jumped to defence, and it was the truth, although she didn't think he deserved what was coming to him. "But I don't see how Scott is the problem here."

"He's not, Derek is." Reid agreed. "Which is why we're going to kill him. But you won't do anything. Stick to the plan, don't help them but don't hurt them either."

Violet couldn't fathom what she was intended to do. "What does that mean? If I should just stand there and do nothing, why go at all?"

"Because if worst comes to worst, and they're stronger than we thought, you're going to kill them."

She blinked at him, not daring to say a word. "I told you I don't do that anymore. I don't kill people like them anymore."

"Is the locket on you?" He asked warily. Looking down at the golden locket in her chest, she nodded. "Then you'll do it. Isn't that why we got you that damn thing in the first place? So you wouldn't feel the guilt when killing them?"

"But—"

"I don't have time for this." Reid slammed the car door shut as he left the car, her following closely behind. "Just play along. Act innocent— but when I give you the signal that the plan fell to shit, you kill them."